Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUst picked up this bronco, and i'd like to order some rear shocks. I need to know how high its lifted though, I know the front is, but im not sure about the rear. im guessing its 4 inches?

on to the pics!

thanks for the help guys :thumbup

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
What size tires ? what is the distance from the center of the axle to the top of the wheel well lip ?

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
537 Posts
:shrugIt doesnt look like much to me are you sure its lifted? It looks like stock shocks would work..if your buying shocks at your local parts store just take one off and hand it to 'em if your unsure

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
take a picture of the fropnt brackets that hold the TTB arms in place. if you have a lift on it those will be different. bottom hole is 6 and top hole is 4 inches. unless it is a 2.5 inch.

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look like an add-a-leaf on the rear. I would guess 2-3 inches.
yes, i agree. it doesnt have an adjustable bracket for the ttb, so maybe it just a 2.5 inch lift.

im planing on ordering a set of bilstien 5100's.

and 84mudhorse, i know it is lifted, since i have parked next to a few stock ones and it is higher by a moderate amount. :thumbup

thanks guys! :rockon

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
You can measure the height of the front coil springs to compare to a stock ride height. About 12" installed for a stock rig, and 16" for a 4" lift kit. It looks to me like that's what you have, with the AAL in rear. Most lift kits come with shocks, which are usually the same brand as the kit. If you have old ones on there, you can check for a brand name and part number if they aren't too rusty. JSM84

1 - 10 of 10 Posts