Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger window doesn't go up or down but i can hear the motor turning.

So, I searched and found out that it is most likely the "torque pins" that need replacing.

Now, would these be what i need?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford...023QQitemZ360088114144QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

And could i get them cheaper somewhere?

Or would a whole new motor for only 30 bucks work too?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-9...003QQitemZ130252944129QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Except is only says 92-96 bronco which i dont know if it had different window motors or something, so i was wondering if that would work. I figure 30 bucks for a whole new motor would be the best and easiest solution.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I paid $45.00 to the Bronco Graveyard guys for new one, shipped to my door. Pull off the interior door panel, check your speaker while you're there, drill that 7/16" hole for the one nut, clean out the very bottom (where wierd crap ends up over the years), lube the gears and slides and rail, clean-up the electrical connections, check your electric door locks and lube them, re-duct tape the protective plastic back over the steel part of the door and then re-assemble. Plan on 3 hours or so----be meticulous and take your time to do it right.

Have fun.....

·
Registered
815 Posts
I used some scrap bits of round stock to replace the torque pins. On my 92, the factory thoughtfully put dimples in the perfect location for drilling out with a 1/2" hole saw to make getting the bolts out easy. Mine were 8mm head. Whole job took less than 1/2 hour.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
I used some scrap bits of round stock to replace the torque pins. On my 92, the factory thoughtfully put dimples in the perfect location for drilling out with a 1/2" hole saw to make getting the bolts out easy. Mine were 8mm head. Whole job took less than 1/2 hour.

Hmmm, never seen one of those...in 36 years of construction. How about starting out with a 5/16" or 3/8" twist bit, and then start using a 1/2 inch diameter rotary rasp/file to slowly open the hole up to the right size to recieve the appropriate socket and extension?....

·
Registered
815 Posts
I'm not in constuction, but I did get my 1/2" hole saw from the local hardware store. I just happened to buy it for a different job, but it was 1/2 the price of the motor anyway. It has a nice 3/16" pilot on a quick release. I think it was Bosch. I'll get a picture when I get to work in the morning if you like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my gears on my 92 several months ago.Got new gear kit from bronco graveyard. I cannot remember if it was just 92 or 92-96,but some have diferent window motors.I think that one size is 2 1/2 dia and 2 3/4.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
9,036 Posts
Here's some good links with pics & part numbers for rebuilding the motor. The passenger side motor & rear window motor are the same.

adrianspeeder's pics He's doing torque pins for a passenger window, & shows where to drill.

Steve83's Tailgate Tech. Great pics & info. It's focused on tailgates, but IIRC there's motor teardown pics in there too.

Torque pins, motors, etc. "HELP" part number in post 14.

I helped my son rebuild his, rebuilt 2 on mine, & now need to do the 3rd. So far i haven't seen any bad gearbox parts except the torque pins.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
If you happen to have a old areostar van sitting around of similar year, they have the same kind of window motor in. ;)

KC

·
Registered
328 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.