Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this stuff out it is said to be stronger than welding and onlytakes a few hrs to fully cure. Plus it is guareented for lie and meets alot of those crash test safety standerds/ Plus the whole kit cost me like 70 bucks.

there is enough in there or me to o my rear quarter panel and m patch panel for the other side.:thumbup

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so know one cares to chime in on this stuff??:shrug

·
Registered
787 Posts
A lot of shops are starting to use that stuff, and I heard some good things about it.

But I wouldn't use it.

T

·
0 Posts
I used some similar stuff to put ground effects on my Lincoln a few years back.
Tinsle strength might be strnger than a weld, but just like a weld, surface prep is important.

It is a much better way of putting panels on, no more warped panels from welding.

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's good stuff for panels. I used it for the outer quarter on my 98 GT. Like Traveler stated...surface prep is very important. Rough the edges of the panels good with a disc grinder so it has something to bite into. They did a demo of the stuff at one of the body workshops where they bonded 2 pieces of sheet metal together and then tried to pull them appart with a hydraulic ram. The sheet tore before the bonds gave.

T

·
0 Posts
I used 3M panel adhesive from NAPA. I don't think it is as cheap as broncomx got his, but they loaned me the gun to use.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts