Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Doesnt this pic look a lot like one of Zilla's?
IIRC isnt it the same exact approach and location?

I could be wrong :shrug

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
yeah looks the same. but you will notice in the dirt behind that chevy... Rafs truck didnt piss itself before the obstacle... AXE
:thumbup

·
That SmackMyB$tchUp Guy
1,011 Posts
Thats one bad looking Blazer tho....looks like a full exo and rear 4-link with coilovers. I like.

edit - on second look, its probably not a Blazer, its prolly a truck. either way its nice.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I knew it was the same area. i am so awesome.
(Steps off pallet)

That guy was in the TTC he has 52" tires, exo, coil overs, no bed, tons of others................... He didnt win.
He was like jopes and broke just about everything.:goodfinge JK

The guy just had some bad luck.

Zilla i know your rig is badass and all, but it looks like a baby next to that thing on 52's!

·
huh
7,196 Posts
Beerman said:
He was like jopes and broke just about everything.:goodfinge JK
jopes made it through that whole thing like 3 times that weekend..

but it looks like a baby next to that thing on 52's!
i was watching the video for that last night and it just didnt look too stable. looked like the bronco was rollerskating..

the new stance should be way better.. more stable and all that good $#!t... i hope..

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Bronkzilla said:
yeah.. it pissed itself a few feet later.. :cry

It pissed itself or you did...?

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
ahh, check me on this, but i think the K30 chevy was running 49s. its a tall truck either way, but you know, it dont look that big. i thought the 33s i went to were huge compared to the 31s, then the 36s looked monsterous. now 39s dont seem that tall & 42s or 44s arent that much more to clearance for... its addictive isnt it?
:chili: :chili: :chili: :chili::wacko :bs

raf i hear ya there, my cheeks would have been full of seat foam on that one. just rhino the inside and let it flow... remember whiggins on simpsons? i think ralph says "daddy, im too scared to pee my pants" clancy sez "just relax, it'll come" dont look like you flopped, but i see why your making a cage.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, bud your rig is way better now.

I meant that the guy's truck broke a lot during the entire TTC not on that particular course.

He made it over that course with no problems, he took third place on that course, but on the tank trap he had a lot of brakes:

A string of really bad luck hampered the Drastic GMC in the Tank Trap. After the rig's tranny popped out of gear, things went downhill fast. Murphy's Law reigned as the rig's winch line came apart, two tires popped, a front driveshaft came loose and a small fire broke out. Needless to say the GMC did not complete the Trap.
This is pretty much what it looked like the whole TTC for this guy. Kinda sucks.

I wasnt talkin crap about jopes, I was just playing. He seems to break a lot more than others who run their rigs hard.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
axaviere said:
ahh, check me on this, but i think the K30 chevy was running 49s. its a tall truck either way, but you know, it dont look that big. i thought the 33s i went to were huge compared to the 31s, then the 36s looked monsterous. now 39s dont seem that tall & 42s or 44s arent that much more to clearance for... its addictive isnt it?
:chili: :chili: :chili: :chili::wacko :bs
MY BAD: here is his stats before the challenge.
Don Henry
Langley, Canada
'85 GMC
We're not ones to steal, but Don's ultra-cool rig sure is tempting us. Its list of cool parts just does not seem to stop.
Engine: 454 V-8
Transmission: SM465
Transfer case: Dual NP205s
Axles (f/r): Unimog 404/Unimog 404
Traction aids (f/r): Stock Unimog cable locker/stock Unimog cable locker
Ratio: 7.54:1
Suspension (f/r): Custom 56-inch-long leaf springs/four-link with King coilovers
Tires: 49.5-inch Michelins
Special features: Disc brakes, cable lockers are converted to run by air, beadlocks, Braden 8,000-pound PTO winch, custom hydraulic steering.
Driver experience: 5 years
Cool: Just about everything.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
with the portals, he gains what? an extra 6" almost?

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry thinking out loud but
Arent mog axles just awesome?

If i am ever rich that is the way i want to go!

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
axaviere said:
with the portals, he gains what? an extra 6" almost?
Pardon my ignorance but what is a portal? :confused: :duh :shrug :(

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
now i could be wrong on this, but on the ends of the axle tubes, there is a little, or big dealy that is like an offset gear reduction type of thing that actually lowers the wheel mounting surface so the hub is below the axle tube itself. that gives more clearance at the differential with the same size tire say mounted on a straight D60... i think. i dont know if all mog axles are portals or if portals only come on mog axles. i have seen them on D60s i think and there is a company that makes them for D60s as well??

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
about the chevy(Don's)... they just finished it before they had to go down there.They only had time for a couple runs before to try get the bugs worked out. oh well :(

Don also sells mog axles.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey 2bit you know Don? just curious.

Ya like i said it is a bummer, cuz his rigs was my favorite, and i unofficially picked his rig to win.

(I won last years bet when i bet on the Bko with mog's).

Does he have a web site or anything?
I am curious what he sells mog axles for?

·
tired of your sh!t
2,882 Posts
Hey 2bit you Don? just curious.
ya I do, and one of my buddys was the mech. Idon't know how much.do a search on pbb for taradon I posted pics before the SF crash of me and evilbronc with it at the shop it was getting caged at,another buddy(Camrock fab)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts