Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take the driver side seat armrest off today now it has lots of side to side play when its down.
I did put the fat washer back, between the armrest and the seat and the cable is in correctly.
Anybody have a diagram of this thing?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will get a pic when I get a chance. After looking at the diagram, looks like I am missing a pivot spacer, the one that goes behind the pivot screw.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Mine's broken too. Thanks for posting the diagram!

What's a good source for the little spacer in there? Would LMC have it, or does Ford still stock stuff like this?

My REAL issue is going to be reupholstering those seats. I can't seem to find the correct factory seat covers anywhere! I could have a local shop make them, but I can't even seem to find the material. Can anyone who has gone thru this with their seats help?

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine's broken too. Thanks for posting the diagram!

What's a good source for the little spacer in there? Would LMC have it, or does Ford still stock stuff like this?

My REAL issue is going to be reupholstering those seats. I can't seem to find the correct factory seat covers anywhere! I could have a local shop make them, but I can't even seem to find the material. Can anyone who has gone thru this with their seats help?
I just picked up a couple at the junkyard, just gotta keep your eye out for them.
Are you looking for seat covers or seat upholstery? If you just want excellent quality and fitting covers go here http://www.shearcomfort.com

If you have/want leather upholstery try here https://www.theseatshop.com/. You have to call them cuz they don't list our trucks on the site. A friend of mine just got a set and they are of excellent quality and fit and are as close to factory as can get, be prepared for sticker shock

·
Registered
491 Posts
Are there any other factory armrests that will bolt up to a 92-96 captain chair?
You can use the older armrests if you don't care much about them matching 100%. I used one of my old armrests for my passenger side in my 90 when I upgraded to the 92-96 seats. I was also able to get a set of armrests from a Windstar to bolt up for my 92, but it some spacing (still was a little floppy) and had to make some stoppers for them so they would lay down in the right spot.

·
Registered
1982 Bronco XLT Lariat, 351W, C6; 1989 Bronco XLT, 302, AOD
176 Posts
Try SMS Auto Fabrics ([email protected]) - Address: 350 S Redwood St, Canby, OR 97013, Phone:(503) 263-3535.

I have not purchased material for my Bronco from them, but I did get seat cover material for my 1996 Mercury Grand Marquis from them. Exact factory match. They claim they can get "any" material, and if they can't get it, they can make it. Worth a phone call. I have read some reviews about SMS that weren't very flattering, but I have not had anything other than top notch service from them.

Tony

·
Registered
179 Posts
a working bronco armrest is a scarce item, as the potmetsl piece on the backside that acts as a stop when up or down has a tendency to break. I've scoured yards, and only found broken ones. ended up making one out of a piece of scrap metal the same thickness. pretty much use the old one as a pattern, cut it out, drill n tap and bolt it to the armrest.
or you can just upgrade to newer seats, find a nice f150 seat set, should bolt right in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts