Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...well I know where it is it's just not on my truck. A few weeks ago (before TruckHaven) I cut the rear fenders to clear my 35's. Since then the rear has not even come close to rubbing. The front however rubs alot. I have been wanting to to the fronts for awhile but put it off cause of the inner fenders and such. Today I broke out the air shears and cut off wheel and didn't look back till it was off. So far I only have the pass side done but will finish up tomorrow. I think it came out really good. I need to run a grinder around it to clean it up then I will run some trim around it when I finish just like I did to the rear.

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I need to find a piece of c channel to make a bumper out of too. If I don't find one soon, I am just gonna take off the front bumper.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
nice work. im not cutting you down or anything, but something i just thought about, with everyone trimming there fenders, it leaves fresh metal at the bottom with no paint, it seems like thats just setting it up for rust, especially in the rust belt

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
jb77714 said:
nice work. im not cutting you down or anything, but something i just thought about, with everyone trimming there fenders, it leaves fresh metal at the bottom with no paint, it seems like thats just setting it up for rust, especially in the rust belt
rust belt...????

dude he is in california...

get some black door edge guard from pepboys...

and Rob...looks great...:rockon

·
Registered
302 Posts
How are you going to address the inner plastic fender? This is the area that is keeping me held up from trimming mine. I have yet to see one done that I completely like.

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for comments guys. Can't wait to try it out again at ...oh I don't know.........TruckHaven!! (we need to go again soon)
Paul91 said:
How are you going to address the inner plastic fender? This is the area that is keeping me held up from trimming mine. I have yet to see one done that I completely like.
That is actually what held me up too. I cut some of it out and ziptied the rest up. Not quite the look I wanted but will work for now.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Yep, I have a feeling thats what I am going to do too. Looks good by the way.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
That edge will rust, doesn't matter what part of the country you live in. Be sure to put a coat of primer on it and a shot of paint before you put on the trim. If you're worried about color match, mask the fender before you shoot so the paint won't show outside the new trim.

For the inner fender, 20 or 22 gauge steel is pretty easy to work with. You can bend up a filler to close the gap and attach it to the inner sheetmetal structure. If you're good, you can also close the gap between the inner and outer sheetmetal without welding to the outer metal.

·
Bad MoFo
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got around to the drivers side today.

and the goodbye pic

I took off just under 2" all the way around. Now if I could just get the bumper off. The bolts are rusty. Anyone know the law in Cali about not having a front bumper? Yikesbb? I know you don't have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts