Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else catch the 2 hour finale last night? i just got a chance to watch it, and very little shows or movies have actually cause me to show emotion.. Guess after 6 or show years with a proper send off anything can happen.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Wow talk about how to waste 6 years of an awsome show in 15 minutes.

The ending was as bad as if Jack woke up and the whole thing was a dream.

WTF was the point of all the numbers, hatches, fighting and the rest if none of it meant shit?

Talk about a huge dissapointment. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Wow talk about how to waste 6 years of an awsome show in 15 minutes.

The ending was as bad as if Jack woke up and the whole thing was a dream.

WTF was the point of all the numbers, hatches, fighting and the rest if none of it meant shit?

Talk about a huge dissapointment. :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Couldn't have said it better. All the ending should have been was explaining the meaning/cause for everything. Of course, for them to answer all the questions they should have answered, it would have taken longer than 2 hours.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Couldn't have said it better. All the ending should have been was explaining the meaning/cause for everything. Of course, for them to answer all the questions they should have answered, it would have taken longer than 2 hours.
They don't have the answers, or atleast any answers that the audience would like. All that stuff was just in there to get us to watch it again and again. It was just plot twist after plot twist.

The last 15 minutes were weak to say the least.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
I thought it was weak and anticlimactic. If it was a book I had just read, I wouldn't recommend it, purely on the basis of bad story writing.

This is my post yesterday on Facebook...

I understood the episode as far as it went, but the ending ignored most of the mysteries that had been generated throughout the series - it just basically said that the island time was real; and people that met in the church had all died at different times, but that their time together on the island was their most meaningful period, so they created that "psychic meeting place" (the sideways reality) outside of time and space as a place to gather so that they could all move on together.

It didn't clarify the mysteries on the island itself. What exactly was the island? What was the light? What was the plug holding back? What about the Dharma initiative? Why did Desmond have to push that button every little while, and what happened when they didn't? Once it was finally constructed, what did the wheel actually do? Who was the woman that raised the twins, who had so much power that she could wipe out that entire settlement?

All the episode explained was the their ultimate fate in the end - that they got back together after they all finally died.
Those were just the things off the top of my head yesterday when I made this FB posting. I'm sure if I thought about it some, I could think of many more.

Someone else said:
It is more like a 6 year old is telling a story with all these loose ends and you can't figure out how they will put the whole ending together, and they don't really, they just kind of end it. It is more like that. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Well I'm happy I stopped watching after the first season :)

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
I watched it only because I'd spent the last few years watching it. It's like something you just had to see through to the end. I liked Jimmy Kimmels endings better. I think it would have ended better if they wold have just done a fast camera pull away all the way out to the ocean. Followed by a flash of light and a large mushroom cloud.

I heard the reason for the ending was because the beginning of the show S1E1 started with Jack opening his eyes on the island. They wanted to end it with him closing his eyes. The wife hates me because I called it after the 1st few shows in S1. I said way back when they were all dead and it was like a purgatory.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Think of all the time you LOST watching that show!

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
J.J. Abrams... I wasn't real happy about the fact that he raped the Star Trek franchise with no respect for it's continuity, and I think he disrespected the fans of LOST with the weak attempt at ending that show. It would take a lot of prodding for me to pay attention to any new project of his.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
I thought they did a pretty good job of keeping the continuity.
Umm... Hellooooooo :smilie_slap They destroyed Vulcan! This isn't even the same universe now! This is not the universe in which all the stories from the franchise took place; this is a parallel universe that split off before the original series ever happened! Abrams just killed off everything we thought we knew about the Star Trek universe!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Umm... Hellooooooo :smilie_slap They destroyed Vulcan! This isn't even the same universe now! This is not the universe in which all the stories from the franchise took place; this is a parallel universe that split off before the original series ever happened! Abrams just killed off everything we thought we knew about the Star Trek universe!
Dammit Jeff let's not start THIS again!!

Have you seen Fringe? I hope Abrams don't EVER do anything remotely like Lost with it. It's a good show. Even with Pacey in it.

·
Seeking Tanelorn
21,173 Posts
Dammit Jeff let's not start THIS again!!
:toothless I thought I'd gotten over it. I guess not. :brownbag

Have you seen Fringe? I hope Abrams don't EVER do anything remotely like Lost with it. It's a good show. Even with Pacey in it.
Never seen it, not likely to now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts