Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
8350 Blackberry, lost it last nite at the gas station, only place I stopped at. Went back to check and it wasn't there. I get home 15 minutes later and I check the caller ID and see that my phone called the house. I call my phone back and it is not in service at this time. Heard that all last nite and this morning. Ended up going to Sprint and got a new phone at a cost of 342 bucks. The shitty part is that my phone book was not backed up anywhere. Sure would be nice if the fawker that found it would of given it back to me, piss me the fawk off.

·
OMG its almost a
1,368 Posts
8350 Blackberry, lost it last nite at the gas station, only place I stopped at. Went back to check and it wasn't there. I get home 15 minutes later and I check the caller ID and see that my phone called the house. I call my phone back and it is not in service at this time. Heard that all last nite and this morning. Ended up going to Sprint and got a new phone at a cost of 342 bucks. The shitty part is that my phone book was not backed up anywhere. Sure would be nice if the fawker that found it would of given it back to me, piss me the fawk off.
I would like to think that the person was calling the home number to locate the owner but who knows. Sucks man. Anyway sprint can locate the phone I'm sure its got GPS capabilities?

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
Even if they could, they won't due to the liability.

With your new phone, once you have all of your info back, load Blackberry Desktop Manager from the User Tools disk onto your pc (if you have a mac go to www.blackberry.com to download that version. Once it is installed plug in your phone and click "Backup/Restore" then create a back up. I recommend doing a backup every couple weeks to a month depending on how often you change info on your phone.

Or, you can use a wireless backup through Google Sync. Open your browser and go to google.com. Click on "More" up at the top. You should see a page that says to download the Blackberry Google Apps. Google Sync (along with gmail, maps, etc...) is part of this download. You need a gmail account for Google Sync.

·
Premium Member
12,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would like to think that the person was calling the home number to locate the owner but who knows. Sucks man. Anyway sprint can locate the phone I'm sure its got GPS capabilities?

Or to say "ha ha, we found your phone"

It has been out of service since my 1st attempt to call it.

Sprint now has Family locator, https://sfl.sprintpcs.com/finder-sprint-family/signIn.htm, which locates the phone via GPS as long as the phone is on. I was hoping that they would turn my phone back on sometime soon but never did.
Even if they could, they won't due to the liability.

With your new phone, once you have all of your info back, load Blackberry Desktop Manager from the User Tools disk onto your pc (if you have a mac go to www.blackberry.com to download that version. Once it is installed plug in your phone and click "Backup/Restore" then create a back up. I recommend doing a backup every couple weeks to a month depending on how often you change info on your phone.

Or, you can use a wireless backup through Google Sync. Open your browser and go to google.com. Click on "More" up at the top. You should see a page that says to download the Blackberry Google Apps. Google Sync (along with gmail, maps, etc...) is part of this download. You need a gmail account for Google Sync.
The Sprint store informed me of all that, only wish I would of done it prior to losing my contact list.:banghead

I did post up a C/L ad hoping that maybe they would turn in the SIM card: http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/laf/1828993113.html

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
That totally sucks. I feel your pain. I have become so reliant on my iPhone that i would be totally lost without it. Phone numbers, addresses, everything is in this thing. I am even posting this from my phone right now while I wait at discount tire.

·
'05 Excursion Limited
1,662 Posts
I know T-Mobile has it so you can log into the website and view your call/text history. Does Sprint have anything like that?

·
Registered
76 Posts
i had to go to my call log (sprint website)to get all the numbers from my blackberry when it crashed it sucked but it worked

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
Should have gotten a driod, google backs up your complete contact list. It relaods as soon as you put in your gmail account and password. Plus you can edit your contacts online.

·
Premium Member
12,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Push to talk is not available on a droid. A lot of my customer contact is still done with two way.

·
Premium Member
12,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after turning the house upside down I found my old phone prior to getting my Blackberry, plugged in the charger and lo and behold it still has my contacts on the old SIM card. Granted it doesn't have the newly added contacts but it sure is a great start. What a relief.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had that happen once. Dropped my phone out of my coat pocket at an Autozone. Some punk 14 yr old picked it up. In 24 hours he made over 350 phone calls. Not sure how he did it but dang. Majority of them were to rental car companies. What pissed me off is that I would call it and sometimes some hoochie mama would answer then hang up on me. Detecives finally caught up with him and got my phone back with in a week. I got lucky.

Sorry for your frustration Ranger. That is such a pita. Glad you had an old phone laying around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts