Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tired of whacking the body behind my rear wheels, so I went for the quick fix for a New Year's project. Nothing like a little brainless cutting to get out a little testosterone.
Before...

Got to test out my buddy's x-mas gift...

Pealed it back to reveal some more work...

This was thicker that originally thought, but it had to go, too...

And all grinded and smoothed out...

And the new look...

·
Registered
490 Posts
I like that, now you wont have to spend a long time trying to clean mud out from your rear bumper and that area..

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
When i cut mine off it was a huge improvement in clearence in the rear...that thick stuff was kind of a pain in the ass for me....

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Hmmm.... With a gas tank skid plate that straight I've got to wonder if that thing has ever left the road. :goodfinge

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToddACimer said:
Hmmm.... With a gas tank skid plate that straight I've got to wonder if that thing has ever left the road. :goodfinge
Ya got me. I'm a poser.:toothless

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Very nice, I'm planning on doing the same thing later this year when I fab up my bumpers. For now though I've got about 2" too much lift in the rear, at least until I take out the AAL's, so it's pretty much out of harms way. I do have to admit though, it was cool the last couple of trips to Uwharrie not dagging ass over everything like I was with the 4" lift/33" tire setup.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Need to clean it up with a nice tube, wrap-around bumper in back, I think that would look sweet. Nice job.:thumbup

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Project Lazarus said:
Need to clean it up with a nice tube, wrap-around bumper in back, I think that would look sweet. Nice job.:thumbup
You read my mind. That's what I've been planning to do all along. Gonna have Carolina Rock Shop fab up something that wraps around back into the frame right where I cut so I can hi-lift off it. I found a pic of something close to it, I'll post it when I can find it again.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
johnski said:
You read my mind. That's what I've been planning to do all along. Gonna have Carolina Rock Shop fab up something that wraps around back into the frame right where I cut so I can hi-lift off it. I found a pic of something close to it, I'll post it when I can find it again.
Ok Mr., "No bumpers is way cool" :goodfinge

Try not to hump your new bumper :toothless

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
johnski said:
talk to dave, he was wanting to do something similar to his truck

*edit.....just realized dave already posted about it....im slow

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marauder said:
Ok Mr., "No bumpers is way cool" :goodfinge

Try not to hump your new bumper :toothless
I'll still be bumperless in front, which is still cool. And, it'll be hard not to accost my new bumper as it will be TOTALLY humpable.:hump

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This is more or less the style I'm looking for. Want to have it wrap into and attach to the frame behind the rear tires, though. (That front bumper is kickass, too)

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
Looks good.

If you get a front bumper built like that, dont put too big of a hoop on it or else you will have to join my "excessivly large hoop that is hated by many club" :toothless

·
is FSB'd out
5,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Marauder said:
Looks good.

If you get a front bumper built like that, dont put too big of a hoop on it or else you will have to join my "excessivly large hoop that is hated by many club" :toothless
I'll stick with the classy hi-lift bumper for now. Like the new avatar. ASU Mountaineer, I assume?

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
johnski said:
I'll stick with the classy hi-lift bumper for now. Like the new avatar. ASU Mountaineer, I assume?
Yeah, his name is Yosef and he is our mascot. He just so happens to be a badass. His hobbies include being a badass, kicking ass, and drinking moonshine.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
How much would you expect those bumpers to cost, the front and rear respectively?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts