Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well some of ya'll may remember a couple of years ago I had my gallbladder removed and spent a couple of weeks in the hospital. The reason I had to have my gallbladder removed was it was generating gallstones and causing me to have pancreatitis.....thats a serious diesase that happens when the pancreas gets pissed off and starts to make too many enzymes, basicaly it begins to digest itself.
Well on june the fourteenth I woke up feeling pretty good, it was saturday and I did'nt have to work. I got a cup of coffee and went out and was playing with our dog when I started feeling bad..........in less than thirty minutes I went from feeling good to asking my wife to take me to the emergency room. The last thing I remember is walking thru the sliding doors at the emergency room and shouting that I needed a doctor.
Remember this is like nine oclock on june 14th, I woke up TWENTY ONE surgerys later on august nineteenth.............I was out of it for more than two months. Turns out my pancreas was really pissed this time, it destroyed half of itself, ate three holes into my intestines, desolved the lining that seperates your intestines from your ab mussels and was dumping acid into my bloodstream. I dont remember any of it, but they tell me that I stopped breathing and had to be put on a ventilator to breathe for me, my kidneys shut down and I went into renal failure,caught pnuemonia and developed a staph infection................The doctors told my ol' lady I probably would'nt make it.
They say for two weeks I was on the edge but slowly I started to improve and pulled out of it....Well I've been home for about three weeks now and am healing, there is still a wound from the surgery that a nurse comes twice a day to change the bandages on.Iit will be a couple of months before the wound heals compleatly................if chicks dig scars, man i'm a total stud................I also have a cholostomy bag now...............will have for about a year while my intestines heal then it will be removed and I'll be back to normal. My employer has been so cool....they are paying my full salery until I can get back to work ,(I'm hoping I can in about another month).
I know it sounds like what everybody says, but it really makes you appreicate what you have. My ol' lady, kids and freinds ....................... You just never know whats going to happen so live life to it's fullest every day, take time with family and freinds and remember every day above ground is a good day.

Later, Mike

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
did she spend all your money while you were laid up :shrug

kidding man ... holy geez bud.. that's a hell of a story .. very happy you are back with us ... many have wondered what had happened to you .. I guess it is a good excuse

be strong buddy .. hang in there

Congrats on making it .. and making it back to us too :beer

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Is that the best excuse you have for your absence...?:brownbag

Jeez man, Its always cool to hear a story like that, And know that because of modern medicine..Someone made it through a life threatening situation.

Everyday above ground is definately a happy day.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
mike

being that ive met you, and have talked to you some, this is just crazy. between you and aarons happenings lately, im really taking my life a little more seriously. in the last few years ive started drinking, driving horribly, street racing, and all kinds of other stuff. i think this is almost like a slap in the face to tell me to get my crap together and become a better person, care for myself a little better, and be an overall better person. thanks for telling us your story mike, glad to see ya back alive and well

wes

·
Registered
755 Posts
im glad to hear you made it out of the alive, and hopefully your recovery will be good, i wish ya the best of luck, and congrats on the nice scars!

air

·
Registered
115 Posts
damn dude thats alot to go thru. glad you made it.:thumbup

·
huh
7,195 Posts
:eek: we missed you here. sucks to hear what you have gone through. that is alot for one person to overcome but if anyone can do it im sure you can.. hope the recovery goes well and you get back to normal.. if there is such a thing.

·
No avatar required
10,959 Posts
I don't know you. But I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you. So is the nurse hot? Does she give you a sponge bath. I always wanted a sponge bath Hmmmm.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey bud...remember

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

:thumbup

Get well soon...

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
damn dude sounds like a rough couple of months, I thought I saw a post looking for you and made me kinda wonder where ya went. glad to have you back and wish you luck with a speedy recovery

·
0 Posts
DUDE !!

Welcome back. :D

glad you made out of the hospital alive,

Not many do. That place scares the sheeyot out of me.

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
Man that blows!! Glad you are on your way to a full recovery. The man upstairs definately wasn't ready for ya. Glad he let ya stay with us a while longer. It's definately nice to hear when an employer takes care of their own. A young guy here at work found out he had colon cancer. He fought it for a year but to no avail. Our company to the best of my knowledge paid his salary during the whole year.

Anyways, glad you are back and the wife didn't sell the bronco while you were under....:toothless :toothless

:angel :angel

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
that would be scarey man. how did it feel knowing you lost the two months? I would be freaked out, but not much you can do about it :) Im glad you are doing ok and are getting ready to tackle everything again. :thumbup

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
94_chickentaco said:

Not many do. That place scares the sheeyot out of me.

Oh, its not that bad. I spent two weeks there once and I made it out in one piece. :D

That's a hell of a story big mike, glad to hear you're ok now. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
First of all i'm glad ya pulled on through.
Second--Is it to early to ask for a rear bumper for my 74???? :shrug :D

I kinda figured something had happened since I've tried to call you a couple of times on your cell phone and also tried to pm you a few times. Take care and I hope to see ya on the trails again.

Brian

1 - 20 of 31 Posts