Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the short post was on my way into a movie. Here is the list-
  1. Replace the AC. It was removed years ago because the truck was in Oregon and Mark did not think he needed it. He later replaced it with a Sandon air compressor. Here in CO where I use Shadowfax not only in the mountains but to tow a trailer up to the mountains with my wife we decided the AC had to come back. So I am moving the compressor to the air pump location and reinstalling the AC. Mark had kept the AC compressor so I just need the hoses drier, and condenser.
  2. Add gauge pod. In Moab riding with @raleigh he had a great interactive computer gauge setup in the 78/74 beast that made me realize that I have been lucky with my idiot gauges to here comes a set of A-pillar digital. I have, volts, engine temp/trans temp (dual readout on one gauge) and oil pressure.
  3. Electric fan. I made this change in Wileec because I could not keep the fan clutch from shitting the bed and noticed right-a-way an improvement in the amount of dust that was stirred up on the trail. The seat of the pants dyno thinks good things also. I am putting in a Flex-a-lite 295 this will move 4600CFM should be more than enough. It will have manual on/off as well as their controller.
  4. Remote oil filter. When I mentioned that the oil filter was a pain in the ass to get off because of the oil cooler sandwich plate a buddy suggest that since I am in there anyway go ahead and put a remote oil filter in so - that to.

·
OMF
2,933 Posts
That looks like fun!

You planning on hitting up Moab again this year? I hope so, last year was awesome with all the FSB running around!

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I was better at remembering to take pictures as I do things. As it is we go from the workbench full of parts to this.
Flex-a-lite fan and controler

Moving of the Sandon compressor from the AC location to the smog pump location. I am still working on completion the AC reinstall. I have the parts but I am not sure if I shouldn't just take it to a shop to purge the old parts bolt it together and test and charge it. Any Ideas?

I am also working on cleaning up this mess.

An inside I got the Glow shift gauge pod in place

And the in cab fan controller. Normal operation = no lights, manual 100% on = blue light, manual off = red light.

I am kinda bent that my switches are not aligned I may have to grab a new dash and try again.

Since I cannot manage to take pictures along the way I can't do a technical write up but I am happy to answer any questions like it was one.

·
OMF
2,933 Posts

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,076 Posts
I had Glo-Shift gauges in my 78 for a few years. Really liked them. I went with a full digital OEM style gauge set now, but I may put the glo-shifts under the hood for tinkering/tuning purposes.

·
Premium Member
3,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@wileec Details or part number of this fan?
It is a 295 it includes the controller and the wiring harness. Almost made it worth the 325 I paid. I made the mistake with my old truck of cobbling something together from a Winstar, it cooled fine but my wiring and the controller I got, to cheap maybe, failed. I ended up having the fan hardwired to run all the time. This one just fits with a little of the rubber on each side of the radiator. It moves up to 4600 cfm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts