Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, my name is mike . I live in springhill, florida not to far from alot of you . i just bought my first full size bronco . i had a broncoII but i didnt like it and went to a f-250 with a 460 and 33's. but that got stuck a lot and was really long for the trails . So now iv got my bronco and love it . It has a 302 and c6 trans .the truck is all stock with 30x950-15 mud tires and it gos better than my f-250 ever did.
I plan on spooling both the dana44 and the 8.8 ford with 33inch tires, 4.56 gears and a 6" lift . Feel free to tell me this is not a good plan and help me along.

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
Welcome to the site man, glad to see the Florida folks coming out of the woodwork. First things first post some pics of your rig so we can take a look at it, then after you vote, head on over to the Dixie Chapter forum and look at the thread on Mudtoberfest. A bunch of are are heading down these the weekend of the 16th of Oct.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Welcome, ya what he said, vote for Fullsize of the Month and try to click that link above that says Top4X4 each day. We won the last two months and are currently trailing.

But please get some pics up, we love da pics!

MM

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
:stupid

·
College User
2,015 Posts
Welcome, I am down in Pinellas but I wheel at Sr52 or above so I am always near you. :beer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
after reading the thread on spools i'm going to try spools F&R and see what happens. if i dont like it i'm only out 200.00 and that 1/2 the price of a locker.:shrug

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
justthattwo said:
after reading the thread on spools i'm going to try spools F&R and see what happens. if i dont like it i'm only out 200.00 and that 1/2 the price of a locker.:shrug
I will be interested in hearing how you like it with a spool in the front ... I wish you the best and hope it works for ya .. but in the meantime if you drive it on the street

enjoy your premature tire wear and unresponsive road manners .... might as well throw the overworked power steering pump and better chance of breaking axle shafts in there to boot :thumbup

·
Registered
178 Posts
Welcome to the site. Save your money on the front spool and just weld it, make sure you or whoever welds it is a competent welder. Go with the spool in the rear since it will see more use then the front.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts