Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone knows what other cars/trucks Ford put the same low back buckets in. I know that the Earlier Broncos had low back bucket as well as a number of cars throught the 60's and 70's, but are these the same seats on differrent brackets or are they actually diferent seats. I find it hard to believe that Ford made these seat only for the 78-79 Bronco.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey guys, I wanted to know if anyone knows what other cars/trucks Ford put the same low back buckets in. I know that the Earlier Broncos had low back bucket as well as a number of cars throught the 60's and 70's, but are these the same seats on differrent brackets or are they actually diferent seats. I find it hard to believe that Ford made these seat only for the 78-79 Bronco.
I know 89's and 90's have them, just sold the set out of my 90..

Here's a pic - Left was the stock seat, right is what I replaced it with from a later F150. I actually really liked the feel of that stock seat better, bolsters were much better at holding you in place than the f150 seat is.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
The seats may be the same in different Fords but the mounting will be different. I know that 90's explorer seats will bolt onto 80's 90's Bronco frames but not sure about the 70's. I found it impossible to find nice late Bronco seats for my 95 so I pulled a 8 way power set out of an Explorer, if I just mounted the new seats on my old frames I would lose all the cool power adjustments so I removed the mounting brackets off of my frames by grinding/drilling the rivits then removed the brackets the same way from the Explorer seats then bolted my brackets onto the explorer frames....ended up with really nice 8 way power seats that bolted right in! Took about 2 hrs per seat and a few cut fingers. If you do it this way it really makes finding nice seats easier. This will work if your new seats are the same or very close in width to your old ones. Here in SoCal there are always a ton of explorers in the JY's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts