Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
turned my 79 f-350 into a lowrider :popc1:

okay actually I sold the rear end and pulled it for you less observant folks

so how do you drive a truck around with no rearend you ask?

A little butt lovin from a bronco

Now someone by the cab and other parts off this thing. I dont want to hear anybody cry when I haul what ever is left to the crusher in 2 months

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
muddinmike said:
so how do you drive a truck around with no rearend you ask?
I have actually done that myself. It takes a high pintle hook on the towing veichle, and a eye on the truck with no rear end to drop in to it. Went all the way across town like that while a friend of mine rode in there to hold the wheel straight and steer it while backing up

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
MikE2 said:
I Went all the way across town like that while a friend of mine rode in there to hold the wheel straight and steer it while backing up
thats what thje seat belt looped thruogh the steering wheel is for!!! also tarp straps to a T case shifter, or the drivers mirror works well.
when i tow them backwards i usually just use the seatbelt and a tarp strap or two combined to hold the wheel straight.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
davids78bronco said:
That's why I was askin! I saw his FS thread, and thought WTF
I decided it doesnt do what I need. The motor will live on in the bronco, the rear end back under a chevy product, and hopefully someone can use the cab. I would hate to send a rust free super cab to the recycler

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
My buddy will come from NY to use the cab for his bronco chasis..78...It wont get crushed...PM me if it ever comes to that......

Oops thought you were in Jersey.....

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
hmm, a supercab cab, on a Bronco chassis, with a tube bed ... so I'll just run with this idea, and ask - what do you want, for the cab? I won't need much of the interior, except the steering wheel, column and seats. Dash controls won't be necessary, and would save me any potential work to remove them

mind you tho, only an idea right now, so I'm not committing to anything

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
davids78bronco said:
hmm, a supercab cab, on a Bronco chassis, with a tube bed ... so I'll just run with this idea, and ask - what do you want, for the cab? I won't need much of the interior, except the steering wheel, column and seats. Dash controls won't be necessary, and would save me any potential work to remove them

mind you tho, only an idea right now, so I'm not committing to anything
I always wanted to do this exact same thing on my bronk. But after I put the full cage in mine I dont want to cut the cage up to start over on a supercab on the chassis. $400 for the complete cab would be nice, it's COMPLETELY RUST FREE CAB still interested?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
davids78bronco said:
Maybe, but chances are, you'll probly sell it, before I can do anything about it
Doubt it, I might post some pics up of my bronco on top of it before i haul it to the crusher before you do anything about it though :wacko

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
crush it.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
thinkin now........ I might practice chopping the top on that, and if it turns out great I'll use it. If I **** it up I'll know what not to do when I do the other cab.

...........hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:scratchhe

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MikE2 said:
thinkin now........ I might practice chopping the top on that, and if it turns out great I'll use it. If I **** it up I'll know what not to do when I do the other cab.

...........hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:scratchhe
you know you want to make another road trip up here. The last one was so entertaining :toothless

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
Okay Mike, don't do anything crazy with it yet. Damn you put too much pressure on me when I don't have much cash.

I am thinking seriously about a few parts from ya. I need those westcoast mirrors for one thing. What does the headliner look like? Dash? Would the power steering pump work on my Bronco? Oh, I can't stand all this shopping stuff. lol

Let me get back from my motorcycle vacation trip (7/20-7/31) and I'll see about a trip your way. Does that sound okay?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well I through the offer out on another site, yes I visit other sites:whiteflag 2k for the truck minus the motor. includes tires wheels a 70 rear. and a half wore out motor siting in the bed from my bronco now :toothless

I'll do a little cutting and pasting here

hows 1500 for the truck less motor and tires and wheels? Keep in mind it has a brand new exhaust and driveline also. I still have the 70. You want the tires and wheels that are on it or some rollers? I dont really just want to give away a 900 dollar brand new set of tire's and wheels if you know what I mean. If you want a motor I will toss in the 460 out of my bronk for a couple hundred bucks,I still drive the bronk with that motor but its definatly getting old and worn out. If you show up with a empty trailer I'll even winch the truck up there for free for ya :p so hows a package deal of 2k for the truck, tires and wheels and a tired 460?

Here are a few pictures of some parts people were asking about.

grill shell isnt perfect but it's in good shape

few small imperfections

bumper is pretty clean

took 3 minuites to clean the door panels and they are some of the best i've ever seen

I belive tonyk was looking for a nice horn pad

took a hose to the wheels and the bling bling came out :D

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
few of the mirrors for filly.
pimpin towing mirrors :p

This is kind of turning in to a for sale thread but I just dont want to tottaly part out a good pickup so I figure it would get more views here and someone can save her.

Any mods want to add to the title "save a 79 supercab from the crusher"? or just change it to that?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
That steering wheel looks great. Mine looks like shit with the fake wood stuff falling off. The chrome has peeled off the cruise buttons too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts