Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 79 I have some rust in the lower rear door jam on the drivers side. I can get the patch panel but has anyone done this? It looks like the patch panel is behind the quarter panel. If someone has some pictures that would be great.

·
Registered
923 Posts
On my 79 I have some rust in the lower rear door jam on the drivers side. I can get the patch panel but has anyone done this? It looks like the patch panel is behind the quarter panel. If someone has some pictures that would be great.
Check out @d_rock's last post on the FOTM thread for this month, he has some pics of patch replacements he did and I think the one you're considering is in there.

https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/27-f-o-t-m-voting/505528-july-full-size-month-2019-vote-here-2.html

Edit: Also, vote for FOTM! :thumbup

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Hey @79broncoowner,
Page 2 of my build thread (posts 31 and 32) shows a few more pictures... https://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/57-78-96-build-forum-builds-only/502384-d_rocks-backroad-78-ranger-xlt-2.html

I replaced the lower rear jamb on the passenger side. The striker post panel above it is also available. LMC carries the panels, and you might find them on Bronco Graveyard or RockAuto also. You will need a spot weld cutter, and I recommend undoing all the spot welds along the edge of the quarter. This will create some flexibility to get the old parts out. I went a little overboard on drilling, because I had a hard time finding some of the spot welds. Also, be mindful of structure in behind when cutting.

And of course, clean it all up real good before putting it back together. Weld-through primer is worthwhile too.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
i bough those panels from lmc for a project truck I had sold before I installed them, they seems heavy gauge and proper shape and like mentioned would require some spot weld cutting but should be an easy fit
if you are careful you may be able to fit them without burning outer quarter panel paint
just be careful as b post has a body drain that drains at front of the rocker to b post horizontal seam that is easily unnoticed and covered over causing the area to rot out faster after it is repaired

striker post panel was also well made and heavy gauge and nice shape ,some extra metal was present and trimming to fit quarter would have been necessary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts