Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I learn a lot from you guys and I appreciate you. (Well, at least most of you.) I have a 1995 Ford Bronco which I bought used. I knew it was going to need some work, so no problem. Anyway, the last time I had it in the shop they said it would need a new lower Radiator Hose. They thought I could wait until January. Since I watched my radiator empty itself today, it looks like I can't wait until January and I am going to need to do it myself. I have three questions for the experts:
1. I know there are two smaller hoses that come off of the large hose. Do those two smaller hoses need to be clamped? Currently they are just attached with no clamps. If it should be clamped, what size do I need?
2. On the larger part of the hose, does each end need to be clamped? Again, if so, do you know what size?
3. For someone who is still learning his way around the engine, is this the type of thing a newbie can handle with some patience and a lot of swearing?
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
49 Posts
First, I learn a lot from you guys and I appreciate you. (Well, at least most of you.) I have a 1995 Ford Bronco which I bought used. I knew it was going to need some work, so no problem. Anyway, the last time I had it in the shop they said it would need a new lower Radiator Hose. They thought I could wait until January. Since I watched my radiator empty itself today, it looks like I can't wait until January and I am going to need to do it myself. I have three questions for the experts:
1. I know there are two smaller hoses that come off of the large hose. Do those two smaller hoses need to be clamped? Currently they are just attached with no clamps. If it should be clamped, what size do I need?
2. On the larger part of the hose, does each end need to be clamped? Again, if so, do you know what size?
3. For someone who is still learning his way around the engine, is this the type of thing a newbie can handle with some patience and a lot of swearing?
Thanks for your help!
Your radiator hose has a oil cooler built inti it, they do not come with clamps on it. 95% of the guys on her say to keep it. If you do a search you can find the discussion about it. It was only a few weeks ago in the noobie or 92-96 tech section.;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for your help!
Your radiator hose has a oil cooler built into it, they do not come with clamps on it-you don't need them. 95% of the guys on her say to keep the oil cooler. If you do a search you can find the discussion about it. It was only a few weeks ago in the noobie or 92-96 tech section. If you know how to use a screw driver, you can replace the hose yourself;)

·
R.I.P.
980 Posts
I installed a regular radiator hose on the bottom and just cut the cooler hose. Two months or so and some real hot weather couple of months ago and no problems. Your choice. If you can, replace the hose with a cooler hose. About $50.00 I think.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You shouldn't need to replace the lower radiator hose clamps; the stock units will work fine. Use a pair of Channel Locks to squeeze the two tabs together to release them, then slide them back on to the hose to remove it. Install them on the new hose the same way. The clamp that goes on the water pump can be interesting to do.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Step 1. Buy a new hose.
Step 2. Take off the old hose and compare the old with the new to make sure you have the correct part.
Step 3. Put on the new hose with the old hardware.

Hardware is reuseable. It can be taken off with a pair of channel locks or screwdriver depending on the style of hose clamps used.

Once you start, you'll know what to do.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts