Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the lower manual transfer case shift boot for a '92 Bronco. Let me know what you have and price shipped to zip 24588. Thanks.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,403 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link but that is the upper boot. I already have that one. What I need is the lower boot that mounts under that to the floorpan.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Thanks for the link but that is the upper boot. I already have that one. What I need is the lower boot that mounts under that to the floorpan.
I think what you are after is in my pics here, if you scroll down:

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66992&highlight=1356+swap+refresh

You'll find a pic with the floor shifter, and you can just see the rubber boot under it.

Problem you will have is actually finding that without the shifter. It's basically part of the shifter floor piece. Yours was old, rotted, damaged?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
It might seem high, but I pulled mine from a Jyard about 5yrs ago I think and it was in excellent condition and $20. So what's $20?

I'd probably buy this guy for $40 if it has the boot, and then sell the other one for $20 indicating no underneath boot/boot in bad shape or whatever, and he'd come out ok.

now that I'm thinking about the whole assembly, it just seems like the "boot" is the floor shifter crunched rubber piece that then goes underneath as a "gasket" of sorts between the plastic shifter and floor? So his rubber piece underneath must be ripped or missing. But finding that without the whole floor plastic shifter I am doubting. And no one would part the two.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
I saw the floor shifter in an 91 last weekend at the yard that looked pretty nice. How nice do you need that lower gasket to be? A lot of them I see are cracked at the outer edge where the 4 screws go into it.

I don't mind pulling just that part (if it is still there), but I need a reference to determine if it is nicer than what you already have. Send me a PM if interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts