Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 84 bronco xlt with a 351w and c6. Please do not expect an update every day,or week...or maybe month....:brownbag
I am veary young,with almost no money to do anything:toothless
Right now it needs:
tires,seats,speakers,as for the motor,valve cover gasket,and who knows what els....we will see.
here is a few pics of it!

Sorry for the picture quality,only camera i have is my phone:thumbup

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what i did today.
Removed running boards:thumbup

poser shot:goodfinge

that is all for today!

·
Registered
254 Posts
good looking truck man. good call taking those running boards off. another thing you could do for cheap is to clean and strip the clear coat off your wheels and polish them after to shine them up like new.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update

I just got back from autozone,and i got my gaskets for the valve covers:thumbup

And i got 2 mini tactical flashlights for only $5:rockon,one for me,one for my dad.

I am not sure when i will be puting these things in,i am waiting to see when my dad has an hour or so to help me out with this.

Any tips for replacing these? anything i should watch out for?

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
nice looking ride should be a great project keep us posted

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update!

So I got some 10,000 pound rated tow points for the front:thumbup

I am going to try to get them on tomarow,If i cant get them on tomarow,it might be a few days...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
clean rig! i'm glad you took the steps off, nothing screams grandpa louder than some low-hanging steps like those.

couple things on the gaskets. use a generous amount of rtv, but don't overdo it....i think black rtv is the one you want for valve cover gaskets. the other thing; don't over tighten the valve cover bolts. i did once in the past and even with rtv, it leaked like crazy bc i "pancaked" the gasket so much they couldn't seal.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone!

clean rig! i'm glad you took the steps off, nothing screams grandpa louder than some low-hanging steps like those.

couple things on the gaskets. use a generous amount of rtv, but don't overdo it....i think black rtv is the one you want for valve cover gaskets. the other thing; don't over tighten the valve cover bolts. i did once in the past and even with rtv, it leaked like crazy bc i "pancaked" the gasket so much they couldn't seal.
thanks for the tips,but i was told that i wouldnt need any gel/silicon stuff for the gaskets....:shrug Was that guy wrong?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

I started to replace the valve cover gaskets today:thumbup
The passenger side cover was a PITA to get off w/o removing any vacume lines or spark plug wires.
The drivers side came off fairly easy. I got it all cleaned up,and set the gaskets on it for now.
I am going to finnish up tomarrow when my dad can help me get those things back on:whiteflag
I didnt relize how tall this thing was untill I started to work on it!
So i used a 5gal bucket :toothless

-Levi

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update!

Valve cover gaskets are done! It was a nice first little project for me:thumbup

The bronco died befor I changed the gaskets,didnt think anything of it... But the startor silonoid is shot :banghead
So I might do that tomarrow! Any thing that I need to know befor i swap that thing out?
thanks in advance!

-Levi

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welcome to FSB - great looking Bronco.....

if you strip the wheels and repolish them - have the clear shot back over them - it will keep them looking better longer with less work on your side - look over mine -
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=198255&page=7...:thumbup
wow!!! yours look great! I just might have to do this!:rockon
But I have always wanted black wheels on my bko....would it look crappy if i strip them,put some primer and rattle can them flat/shiney black?
idk if it would work....i would ratther not spend $$$ on new black rims...:toothless

·
Registered
254 Posts
wow!!! yours look great! I just might have to do this!:rockon
But I have always wanted black wheels on my bko....would it look crappy if i strip them,put some primer and rattle can them flat/shiney black?
idk if it would work....i would ratther not spend $$$ on new black rims...:toothless
in my honest opinion, yes. Those wheels you have look AWESOME when polished up. if you wanted black wheels i would drop a little money on some cheap steel ones. but until then may as well make the ones you have look good :thumbup

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in my honest opinion, yes. Those wheels you have look AWESOME when polished up. if you wanted black wheels i would drop a little money on some cheap steel ones. but until then may as well make the ones you have look good :thumbup
Ok thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i got it fixed!
And this was my first REAL time out driving this beast...and i love it!!!!
A lot of power,but there is some play in the steering...about 4 inches :shocked
My dad and i check the steering *one moved the steering wheel the other looked under it* and everything is tight,exept the steering box...
new box? adjust that srew a little bit?

The head liner is rolled up and being held up by the visors...so i will hopfully get that reglued this week!

-Levi

1 - 20 of 35 Posts