Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if LubeLocker makes a gasket for my front Dana 44 Differential Cover on my 78 Bronco? Anyone have a part#....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,429 Posts
They do. I have one on my D44, but I don't have a part number off the top of my head as the shop who did my locker/gear install ordered it.

·
Registered
78 Custom 460 NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI HyperSpark Ignition 4.56 Gears Front/Rear Grizzly Lockers
3,429 Posts
This is what I see listed on their site.

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that one but it’s not the shape of my front dana 44. This is the proper shape they have on amazon. I think it would fit but not totally sure...

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just use RTV but that gasket shown looks like it would work ok.

I will say the cover will need to be pretty flat for any gasket to work, even that high dollar one.

Also both pics shown are the same gasket just one is turned 90 degrees

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gotya. I read pros and cons for the gasket. Wonder what Ford used for sealing the differential covers during production? Sealant or Gaskets

·
Registered
403 Posts
Probably in the olden days a gasket, nowadays probably RTV

Alot of oil pans don't use a gasket now, just RTV

If you are using the stock stamped steel pan, honestly i would use just RTV. Just make sure both surfaces are absolutely oil free.

·
Registered
7,923 Posts
I have used one on my 77 F100 D44 and it was the correct shape and worked just fine.

Not sure I would trust any of the pictures to be accurate....would go by the description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Think I’m going with RTV. I have used that on my jeeps in the past with never an issue. I’m sure the LubeLocker gasket is a great product too and has great reviews which is why I considered it. Thanks all!

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,949 Posts
This is what I see listed on their site.

I saw that one but it’s not the shape of my front dana 44. This is the proper shape they have on amazon. I think it would fit but not totally sure...

Am I missing something? Aren't those both the same shape, just rotated 1/4 turn from each other?

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol...yeah. Sorry, I had a brain fart.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts