Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should I shoot some WD-40 on the throttle cable? Just right down where it has the spring on the top of the TB? Or somewhere else on the lever?

Also my clutch spring for the pedal is getting a little stiff and creaky at times too, any advice on lubing that?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Not WD-40... something like lithium grease would be much better for a throttle cable.

I don't really know about it though... I'm not a fan of messing with stuff like throttle cables. When it gets to the point that they're sluggish to return or binding, I throw it the fawk out and buy a new one.

I had a bind happen to me in the middle of a friendly MX race while riding y semi worked honda 450r, and it almost cost me my life as I launched off a wall at near 40mph. Granted the reaction time needed is a little bit different in a truck cruising down the road, but I still don't fawk around with stuff lik that.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
:stupid

It's probably being stupidly wasteful, but it's what I do too.....either that or wait until it breaks :toothless

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
There are some bushings up in there, when they are clean they are usually green. Try and squirt some lubricant on them, it might help it out. On the TB I used some penetrating fluid and it helped it out a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.