Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so with itunes the downloads I recieved are in the stated format. I can play them on my computer as it opens up itunes to do so, but when I copy them to my mp3 player obviously I get nothing. I didn't realize I was going to be receiving the downloads in this format.

Anyone else have this issue? Is there a free convertor to convert to mp3 files?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shareware

i know very little about i-tunes. this was just posted on a forum i go to.
hmmm, the problem with these links is I have a feeling they will do the same thing as the "free convertor" I just downloaded....you download, go to use it, and it converts a portion of 1 song so you can see it works, then you have to buy the full version to actually use it (obtain full songs converted to mp3).:banghead

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YESSSSS, thanks Rob

from your link I said F it and downloaded this trial and while it's a bit slow, it looks like I have a 14 day trial vs. what the other software did to me .....

http://www.m4p-mp3-converter.com/

and was able to take my newly converted mp3 depeche mode songs and copy them over to my cheapy mp3 player which I use through my cassette player in the truck.

:chili::chili::thumbup:beer:rockon:drinkbud

·
Zombie Hunter
13,681 Posts
i was going to say, shareware usually has an extended trial date, so you eventually have to buy it.

Freeware is free, but unsupported.

I use Napster, pay 9.99 a month, but everything is in MP3 format.

·
Registered
402 Posts
in iTunes, you can convert songs into mp3 files, but in the actual program it calls them mpegs (same difference.) Where did you get the songs from?

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
A free program called Audacity should be able to import m4p's, and from there you can recode them into mp3's and export them. It takes maybe 20 seconds to do depending on your processor. I've got a Core 2 E6600 overclocked to 3.5Ghz and it will do a 4 minute song in just a couple of seconds.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
13,702 Posts
in iTunes, you can convert songs into mp3 files, but in the actual program it calls them mpegs (same difference.) Where did you get the songs from?
if he got them from the itunes store then itunes will not convert them to mp3 because the songs are in the 'protected AAC' format. if he imports the songs from a different source, then itunes will convert it to 'AAC' but it wont be protected.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if he got them from the itunes store then itunes will not convert them to mp3 because the songs are in the 'protected AAC' format. if he imports the songs from a different source, then itunes will convert it to 'AAC' but it wont be protected.
I was buying them from the itunes store.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
It takes a while, but get a CD-RW and burn them off as audio formats. Then rip the CD back onto your computer using another program (besides iTunes). This is what I have had the best luck with and it works everytime. iTunes tends to catch on quickly for the people making software to turn their songs into mp3's and you have to DL a new one almost every month.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I buy all my mp3's from amazon now, even though I use iTunes to manage everything. The Amazon downloader will even add the files to iTunes library for you if you want.

If you are ripping your own CD's you can change your preferences in Itunes to rip them to mp3 instead of mp4 (aac).

For every album that I bought from iTunes that was in their proprietary format, I would just download them, burn them to cd and then re-import them, as mp3, into iTunes and then delete the original aac files. That way I had a copy of the CD for the car and I could use the songs in any way that I wanted on the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts