Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got the mazda/ford M5R2 4x4 Manual tranny question is this...where the bellhousing mounts up to the engine...the lower 3rd seems like its missing a plate or cover, I can see a portion of a large gear (Planitary?). Anyway it doesn't seem like a gear should be open to road filth down there. Am I missing something...Cant find a picture of this gearbox from a front view. Along the same lines should there be a cover over the bleeder access hole for the clutch slave cylinder? Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Acces to the flywheel? Why? I can see maybe having an open access to the bleeders....which one are you refering to?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sounds like somebody replaced the clutch, turned the flywheel, and forgot to put the spacer plate back on before the flywheel. You will have to nearly take the transmission fully out. Unbolt the clutch set, then unbolt the flywheel. Put on spacer, flywheel, clutch set, tranny, crossmember, drive shafts.

As far as the bleeder on the slave, go to the help section of an auto parts store and find a cap for it, other wise leave it be. If you leave it uncovered, just clean it before bleeding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts