Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all...

i couldn't find much data through a search as most mass air conversions here seem to focuse on the aod and ot the e4od. i also searched for the above part # and got nothing.

in any case, i purchased the above mass air conversion kit a while back...installed it on my 302 (corrected the injector harness for a 302) and it was friggin awesome!

i have since swapped in a 351W and between not liking the piggyback type harness that the kit supplies and making a few ehm err uhhh unintentional modifcations to the oem harness, i think this would be an ideal time to find a junkyard oem harness...but of course, the question is...what's the donor vehicle?

i've tried getting in touch with SVO and have gotten answers from "any california truck will do" to "only 96 and later f-series will do" to "u have to find a truck that had mass air, a 5.8 and an e4od" - the last one was especially helpful

so anyone know which is it? they're starting to show up for like under 100 on www.car-part.com if anyone else is curious

thanks

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
M9000-L58 is a 5.8L/E4OD Lightning MAF conversion kit.
Do you have the AKC0 computer that came with that kit?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have whatever computer came with it. unfortunately the truck is like 100 miles away from me and i can't exactly check the computer code on it...sorry.
it's at a relatives house and i don't think they would be able to be spoken through how to check.

did any of that help at all:whiteflag

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
You'll need a complete 1994-95 cali Bronco harness.
Or find a qualified auto electrician to fix it all.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks fireguy50....i think option #1 will be significantly more fiscally appealing

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fireguy50 said:
You'll need a complete 1994-95 cali Bronco harness.
Or find a qualified auto electrician to fix it all.

will a similarly equipped (engine and tranny) f series do as well?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
maybe, Broncos have extra circuits for the rear window and ABS.
the front harness from a F-Series would not have that

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for lettin me pick ur brain fireguy....

do the 94-95's have 4wabs? cause my 92 only has rabs. when u say "front harness" are u talking about the dash or engine harness? hope these questions aren't too :toothless

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fireguy50 said:
my research costs $$
:rofl: :rofl: that reminded me of the old Peanuts cartoon that had Lucy offering advice at a lemonade stand with a sign to the effect of "answers to ur questions - 10 cents, right answers - 25 cents"

so do u charge by answer or by how difficult the question is.

thanks again

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,874 Posts
How much time is involved, and if I have paying customers waiting for the same type of work.
not really fair to pass something out for free, when customers are paying for the same service.

So, I try not to do too much "work" in public forums

1 - 11 of 11 Posts