Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys i made it here finally. Bad news is the Bronco is still in Florida, the good news is i will be going to get it and bring it back in about a month!!! (anyone feel like a road trip LOL) Havent yet decided if i am going to tow or drive it but either way i am going to take my time and enjoythe road a little. So far i love our new home in Midlothian, last night unloading the truck we could hear the Coyote howling and hackling off in the distance, havent heard that in awhile. Look forward to wheeling and or meeting some of you guys, but i will miss hanging with my fellow north Florida FSBers. Awesome bunch of guys over there.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jason is a good guy. ya'll will like him and his family.
glad to see you made it outta fla bro:thumbup
Alan you gotta see the schools out here, they actually take childrens education seriously unlike Floriduh. If you and the family ever want to check it out out here weve got more than enough room:thumbup

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the invit.
my kids have been going to private school$$$$$$$.
one of the many reasons why i have no money for the bronco.
Seriously they need nurses badly out here Angel could easily find a job out here making more money. Heather got a Job at childrens Hospital making $8 more an hour than at her Job in Jacksonville Plus $2500 towards moving expenses and a $3000 sign on bonus. Plus they pay 100% of any further schooling she decides to take. Cost of living is much cheaper too, just got gas for $3.30 a gallon today.

·
Chrome gets me home
2,908 Posts
i dont know if she would go back to tx. she spent 4 years stationed in witchata falls. she hated it there. didnt sound to bad to me.:shrug
biggest problem for us going anywhere is selling my house. stuff isnt selling.
i think wichita falls is more like southern oklahoma....:shrug jk.

and bearfoot, WELCOME!:beer

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
Welcome Jason :beer

There's gonna be a Gilmer or Hot Springs wheeling trip soon (as in a few weeks); we'll make sure to let you know when :D

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome to Texas! I'm in Lancaster, not too far from Midlothian, by I-35E and Beltline. What part of N. Florida are you from? I used to live in Tallahassee, Palatka and Pensacola. Miss the beaches and all, but jobs and pay just weren't the best down there....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Damn! did we all used to live in Florida? I was born and raised in Gainesville. I guess we all had the same idea.... "gotta get the hell out of there!":toothless
LOL! You too?!

I was about a half hour away from Gainesville living in Palatka for half a year back in '92. Anyway, I always thought Florida was a nice place with all the beaches, college football (FSU, UF, Miami, etc.), fishing, etc.; but the anemically low pay, few jobs and higher cost of living sure make it easier to pick up and move on to much better employment prospects in other states.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
What's up Jason? I didn't know you moved already! Anyway, congrats and I hope everything works out well for ya.

On a side note I installed that Detroit locker in my Ford 9" by myself yesterday. I bought a dial gauge and stand from Harbor Freight so I could check the backlash and got it all set up. Thanks for all your help over the years. Now I have to find somebody else to set up my gears, bummer!

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
LOL! You too?!

I was about a half hour away from Gainesville living in Palatka for half a year back in '92. Anyway, I always thought Florida was a nice place with all the beaches, college football (FSU, UF, Miami, etc.), fishing, etc.; but the anemically low pay, few jobs and higher cost of living sure make it easier to pick up and move on to much better employment prospects in other states.
lol Damn..... I moved to texas 2 weeks before hurricane Andrew. So in late'92 iirc

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
lol Damn..... I moved to texas 2 weeks before hurricane Andrew. So in late'92 iirc
Well, we'll just have to have a "Formerly Floridian Texans Fullsize Bronco" meet and greet on Florida college football game days. I'm still a big Seminole fan, my alma mater, despite their currently fading glory, but I still root for the Gators when they play any other team.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Welcome to Texas.....the nicest people around.Now you need to go buy this bumper sticker.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome to Texas! I'm in Lancaster, not too far from Midlothian, by I-35E and Beltline. What part of N. Florida are you from? I used to live in Tallahassee, Palatka and Pensacola. Miss the beaches and all, but jobs and pay just weren't the best down there....
I moved here from Palatka:doh0715: Lived there from 93 till now. I was in Texas for two years at Fort Hood when i was in the Army in 95.

Okay weve been through Lancaster. I actually live closer to Ovilla than Midlothian but our address is Midlothian. I live off of Shiloh rd.

The wife and i are already enjoying the higher pay and lower cost of living. she is making 8 dollars more an hour being a nurse and i just got offered a job working for AT&T for $17 an hour. I did the same job Verizon in Palatka making $9 an hour. Dont know if im gonna take it yet though cause its in Downtown Dallas and i was hoping for something closer.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, we'll just have to have a "Formerly Floridian Texans Fullsize Bronco" meet and greet on Florida college football game days. I'm still a big Seminole fan, my alma mater, despite their currently fading glory, but I still root for the Gators when they play any other team.
Yeah thats me too. I am a Noles fan but i root for the gators too. Only time i dont is when they play eachother every year. from what i Hear The Noles are looking pretty decent for this year, i mean they wont be in the Nat'l title hunt or anything but they should have a at least an 8 or 9 win season. The Gators on the other hand should be in the running for the Title, Tebow is looking pretty strong.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts