Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am looking to do a maf conversion on my 95 bronco 5.8 and was wondering if fiveology is the way to go for this still or if there is better options out there. The engine is stock for now and will stay that way for at least the next 2 years but i would definitely like to make some good power with it when I do get around to building an engine (400 plus horses) but there is always a chance of trying to go real crazy with it. Im really just not sure what the limitation are with a kit like fiveology or if I would be better off going with something like a holley management system. Any advice will be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey everyone,
I am looking to do a maf conversion on my 95 bronco 5.8 and was wondering if fiveology is the way to go for this still or if there is better options out there. The engine is stock for now and will stay that way for at least the next 2 years but i would definitely like to make some good power with it when I do get around to building an engine (400 plus horses) but there is always a chance of trying to go real crazy with it. Im really just not sure what the limitation are with a kit like fiveology or if I would be better off going with something like a holley management system. Any advice will be greatly appriciated.
Fiveology is gone bud, has been for a few years from my understanding. Holly is good if ya can stomach the cost. MicroSquirt has a kit for the mustangs that works in the Bronco with great sauces. And then there is the rout of building the system your self. All depends on what you want to do... I suggest doing a paper and pen engine build and see what mods you want to make to the engine and then see what works best for you.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I have a wiring harness from a lightening with mass air if you want to go that route

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
Is fiveology gone?
There website looks up to date to me, even has a 2020 copyright on it.
I have not tried to make contact with them for awhile though either.

The holley setup basically comes ready to tune yourself, with the stuff to do exactly that. The Fiveology items are more plug and play, but require extra items that will enable you to tune it yourself down the road. If it was me, it would depend on how far I planned to mod in the future.

·
Registered
1986 Bronco Eddie Bauer 5.0 bone stock
63 Posts
I have been considering this exact same thing, do i convert to MAF on my 86 or do i just get a new Holley Sniper TBI system and bypass the old limited factory stuff. Really depends on what you prefer. I really like "original" so i keep leaning towards just doing a MAF (whenever i get to that point), BUT that Holley Sniper system is sweet and will allow you to modify your engine (or run whatever dang engine you want to) and be reliable...so id say if originality matters to you, do the MAF, but if performance is the desire, go with the Holley...thats my .02 cents.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
So I have both. My 92 bronco is converted to MAF, with a semi-mild 351W. I also just got done doing a super sniper install on my 78 on a little hotter 429.
After installing the 2, assuming the Sniper runs good (no reason to think otherwise) I will never run a maf swap kit using factory parts again, unless its on a 95% stock truck with just very minor bolt ons. The limitations you speak of are why, and also you have to buy injectors and stuff to match what ever your doing, all those little things add up. The sniper is able to match a much broader range, so you will likely have some "room to grow". Also the intake selection for some engines is very limited for EFI, the 302 and 351W not so much, but the 460 based engines very much so.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fiveology is gone bud, has been for a few years from my understanding. Holly is good if ya can stomach the cost. MicroSquirt has a kit for the mustangs that works in the Bronco with great sauces. And then there is the rout of building the system your self. All depends on what you want to do... I suggest doing a paper and pen engine build and see what mods you want to make to the engine and then see what works best for you.
I wasn't sure if fiveology was around or not but their website is still active so I sent an email anyway to see if I get some sort of response. I'll look into the micro squirt and see what that is all about. As far as an engine build though I've currently got a 408 that I built for a 55 f100 that I own that just might find its way into the bronco but i doubt it. Thats more than I really wanted for the bronco since it does get driven a whole lot more than the truck ever will. More than likely the bronco will stay fairly stock bottom end wise and just some good heads, cam and intake.

·
Registered
1995 Ford Bronco
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I have both. My 92 bronco is converted to MAF, with a semi-mild 351W. I also just got done doing a super sniper install on my 78 on a little hotter 429.
After installing the 2, assuming the Sniper runs good (no reason to think otherwise) I will never run a maf swap kit using factory parts again, unless its on a 95% stock truck with just very minor bolt ons. The limitations you speak of are why, and also you have to buy injectors and stuff to match what ever your doing, all those little things add up. The sniper is able to match a much broader range, so you will likely have some "room to grow". Also the intake selection for some engines is very limited for EFI, the 302 and 351W not so much, but the 460 based engines very much so.
I am definitely leaning towards the Holley system, the more I read about it, I just like the features and tune-ability that is built into the software. I can also use this as gaining experience for my other projects that I have sitting around the house.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,984 Posts
So it is, however it uses a wideband O2 sensor, therefore it is able to adjust, where as the Stock Ford Truck system is setup for very certani manifold vacuum and does not have the capability to adjust as need be given enough different signals.
There are several new vehicles that are speed density, Right off top of my head the Ecoboost mustang is 1 of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts