Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all new here. Not a noob per say but I have a build going on and can't find some answers. I have a 1990 ford f250 5 speed 4wd. I am swapping in a 351 hci into it with maf setup. I have a donor truck that is 95 f150 351 auto. It is obd1 and maf. (Weird) I am curious how to go about the wiring and if 95 obd1 computer will work in my 90. I am thinking it might be easier to use 95 engine harness and computer in the 90. Any help is appreciated.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,186 Posts
The computer from the '90 is not going to work, you will need the MAF EEC and the harness from the '95. I'm thinking you are going to have some trouble with the connectors from the engine to the firewall.

Are you putting the auto in the '90, or keeping the manual?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's more trouble than its worth lol could I use the engine and maf from my donor truck and just repin my eec connector? To accept mustang maf eec?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The computer from the '90 is not going to work, you will need the MAF EEC and the harness from the '95. I'm thinking you are going to have some trouble with the connectors from the engine to the firewall.

Are you putting the auto in the '90, or keeping the manual?
I am keeping. my 5 speed and I know the eec is not. right I'm contemplating using mustang eec and repinning the eec connector

·
Premium Member
1,715 Posts
Do your own research, but I don't see why you can't buy a mass air conversion harness and use a mustang computer. You don't wish to control an electronic auto transmission so no reason to look for or use a truck computer.

I don't know all the repining needed for this conversion but it has been done and the information should be readily available with a bit of looking.

hth
tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The point of this thread was to ask if using the harness and computer from my donor truck would be worthwhile bc I have done my research and have not found any info. I. m a senior tech at lexus and am well versed in electronics and mechanics as I said not a noob just never done maf conversion. I think I will be doing the mustang eec and using my 90s harness while just repinning the connector thanks all for the input

·
Registered
2 Posts
Foster, so how did it go? I just replaced my 1993 5.0 with SD with a 1995 5.0 with MAF...used the maf harness and computer to get it running...but not sure how deep the rabbit hole goes...let us know what you did and how it turned out...cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts