Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an A9P EEC and will get the wiring for the MAF with it. I'm trying to confirm the following.

The EEC does not know what MAF you have. But, Your MAF is calibrated for certain size injectors. So, my injector size (stock SD) will determine what MAF to get. And I should just stick with the stock size that would have been on the stang?

What determines when you go up in injector size? The stroke and bore only?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,857 Posts
Aikidoka said:
The EEC does not know what MAF you have. But, Your MAF is calibrated for certain size injectors. So, my injector size (stock SD) will determine what MAF to get.
Wow, that is completely wrong.

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fireguy50 said:
Wow, that is completely wrong.
That is why I post before buying. Can you explain it better, or is all I really need to know is to get the one that would have been on the Mustang in the first place?

EDIT: Does that mean the part about selecting larger injectors was not wrong?

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, so I found a post of yours that says the "calibrated" term is something the aftermarket uses, but the computer has the injector size in it and uses that and the MAF sensor reading to calibrate the mix.

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gacknar said:
You might also want to narrow the search to only the 5.0/5.8 windsor tech forum.
Yeah, just hit the variety of WTB, etc.

So the stocks just report air flow and the computer has the injector size. So the "calibrated MAFs" are actually aftermarkets altering their signal to compensate for the computer thinking your injector size has not changed? Basically I'm just trying to figure out what MAF to get for my setup. It's a 351W only bored .030 over, but I got a Crower Baja Beast cam. The lift is still under 500, but the LSA is 112*. SD is taking a while to learn it again. I just got an A9P with a harness for the MAF. Not too far in the future I want to get Edelbrock's manifolds. I've also looked at BBK's TBs. I just don't want to get the wrong MAF the first time around. Still running the stock 19# injectors.

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At what point do I need to worry about going larger with any of it?

·
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
SEARCH NOOB :twak

Couldn't resist :goodfinge :histerica :toothless

1 - 12 of 12 Posts