Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I had this epiphany the other day when I was trying to scroung up some money for gas, and when I say some I mean like 60 or 70 bucks.

Okay, this idea is to take any gas, or deisel, engine and make it run on magnets. Ya, I know sounds crazy, but just hear me out. If you were to put a permenent magnet in your piston, and by in I mean bour out the cent and make it flush, or slightly set in the piston. Then were the spark plugs go you would put an electromagnet. Instead of the spark plug fireing the electromagnets would fire. Second grade science opposites attract and likes repeal. Simple right.

This way, no one would have to get ride of their vehical, and you could tell the oil company to take their oil and shove it up their ass. Would'nt that be great. Basicaly, you would have an electric car with the power of a gas engine, and you could keep your gas gusler.

I dont have the money or the resources right know to test it out, and I know Im not the only one who has thought about this, because I have found others on the web with the same idea. Its just he oil company's and the Gov't dont want to get it to work because they would no longer have use by the balls.

So I say, to anyone who want to try this and gets is to work, the only thing I ask in return is some recagnition for the idea, and that you tell me how to do it or send me a kit, hell send it to every one. The Gov't and the oil companys may be able to shut up one person, but they cant shut up thousand of Ford driving Americans:usa:rockon, who have 351's and 302 running on magnets.

If you have any ideas or suggestion please let me know, .....and yes this would run on batterys but I have a few ideas on that to. If you would also like that info just let me know. Thanks for reading and good day,
PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN:rockon

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The battery dosent have to be that big if you could use a ram air type system to turn a turbine, or something like like that, to produce power. You could even do 2 setups with 2 turbine. Not to mention that you would also have an alternator. My dad had the idea of putting magnet aroud the drive shaft and a ring of magnests around it to also produce power. You could also you a Tesla Coil, which takes say 12 volt and turns it into 120,000 volt, to help bump the power. Look up the Tesla coil, it is pritty interesting, and the videos are cool to. If you use your amagination you could come up with seceral way to produce power.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Any plans of sharing the drugs, or are you planning on hoarding it all?

·
Registered
668 Posts
lol that is pretty much what this theory is going to turn out to be.
It would be so mush easier to just build a standard electric motor and you would not even use a fraction of the energy of a magnetic engine to get way more power. Trust me i have thought this through, I have been coming up with this shit since i was 10. plus the magnetic properties of the piston would attract the rods and bearings which would cause everything to wear out much faster.

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Wow. Aside from the missing punctuation, is it 4:20 at your house? That must be some good hydro your smoking.

If you really want to study alternative fuel sources why don't you start reading about CNG, LPG conversions or the now small cult following of HHO/Brown's Gas Generators and just convert your truck to hydrogen power.:rofl:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Someone never took physics in high school, or even passed high school. And definitely doesnt know the theory of perpetual motion.
I built a perpetual motion machine when I was 7. Took some plumbing pipe and configured it in a loop. All the energy was trapped inside and went round and round. :rockon

If the object is to reduce consumption of oil and specifically foreign oil, then the alternative energy source must not be derived from a source produced by oil, some areas of the country produce a significant amount of their electricity from oil I believe, nor cause a shift in energy resources such that oil consumption is increased for other needs. This is actually much easier said than done.

The best short term solution I believe is to increase efficiency.

Longer term I like the idea of solar powered point of sale hydrogen generation stations. No shipping required = even greater end to end efficiency (except for some northern states during winter). Again, easier said than done though. I think California has a start with their "Hydrogen Hwy." But I don't think it is point of sale solar generated.

One big problem though will be the environmental freak-os complaining about global cooling due to all the energy being sucked out of the atmosphere by the solar panels and depleted green-house gases letting additional energy escape. :doh0715:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the coil you speak of does raise the voltage but lowers the amperage to do it. so you have no more power, you have the same amount. in fact the issue with all of these crackhead ideas is you can not get more energy out than you put in.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had a similar idea a few years back in shop class after dinking around with a pair of magnets in speech class. The cylinder head would be postive charged. the top of the cylinder would have a magnet which would be on a switch going from a negative charge when the piston is comming up and at TDC the switch would be turned to a positve charge. It would never work in a bigger engine like a car or truck, but something like a weed whacker or a slow moving type engine, assisted by the gas.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Other problems with this theory....

Only a small amount of research is needed to find this out....Permanent magnets lose their strength when exposed to high amounts of heat. Also, even if there was some plausability to your intellectual endeavour, the largest single variable you would have to overcome is the friction inside the engine. Lastly, you cannot get more power out of anything than you put into it. (That would be against the laws of thermodynamics-energy can not be created. It can be generated, transferred, or converted to another type of energy.)
An alternator putting out 200 amperes consumes roughly 40hp. In the newer terminology, it is actually considered a generator, due to the energy coming out of it is AC rectified to DC voltage. Alternators are built to keep charged batteries charged, not to charge dead ones. And while a vehicle may possibly run without the positive cable connected to the battery, once you place a heavy demand on the alternator, everything else will lose power. It requires a 12 VDC Electrical source to energize the rotor, and the Mechanical Energy from the engine to turn that energized rotor, which then passes the electromagnetic field across the stator windings.

Long-winded, I know...Just trying to emphasize to our (likely young) member that you can't make somethin' out of nothin'. And that it takes energy to make energy; much of the energy any system makes is lost through heat transfer.

I'm done...It's 11PM in the ROK...

·
shibby
4,826 Posts
You could also you a Tesla Coil, which takes say 12 volt and turns it into 120,000 volt, to help bump the power. Look up the Tesla coil, it is pritty interesting, and the videos are cool to. If you use your amagination you could come up with seceral way to produce power.
Lack of electric knowledge and amps, eh?

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Lack of electric knowledge and amps, eh?
Yeah, a little something called ohms law.
It's not the volts that kill you, it's the amps.
Just look at the stun gun, it produces what, 10,000 volts from a 9v battery. Do you think you could power anything significant with 10,000 volts with negligable amps?
Have you taken any sort of science class, Jmackk?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts