Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I have a bad attitude.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen one of these on the road yet? I saw one earlier today, but had no camera so here's one I found:

I guess it's just called a Mahindra pickup. 2.2L deisel motor. They're interesting at least. I thought it came with a removable top due to the lines on the cab, but I guess not.

Has anyone else seen one/drove one?

It also seems to come in a "Scorpio" edition which would be of more interest here:

Anyway, just thought it was neato to see someone new throwing their hat into the pickup ring.

:thumbup

·
I have a bad attitude.
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know we have a dealership in south GA in Sylvester (Mahindra general dealership I think)and I think there's one in Covington that sells 'em. I wish I had my camera on me, it was loaded down with lumber and earning it's keep at least, bed's a little longer than the pics give it credit for.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Until you can actually get a single part for it here in the US, I wouldn't bother looking at it. The website plays this constant arabian music.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
very true. didnt think about that.
I will say that the scorpio pickup with 4dr/4x4 looks cool. But looks can be deceiving. I'd love a little 4cyl. diesel in it, but with the muslin musak going on in the background, I"m not thinking this is destined for me. I do wish a company like mazda or toyota or nissan would reverse coarse and put out a new small 4x4 diesel baddy that is similar. Right now they just have nothing I'd be interested in. Maybe if Ford made their Ranger 4dr 4x4 more cooler/badder looking that would be the trick. It's still a Ranger these days ins't it? As long as they didn't want $40k for it. Or preferebly more like $30k or less.:whiteflag

I don't think I'll ever be owning a new vehicle again. Just way too much money.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
In 2 decades or so, maybe. think you're still not seeing the issue....1 suppier bringing them in, never heard of the company. I mean if they partnered with like ford/chevy/chrysler dealers who would also stock some parts it would be different. trying to maintain these things would be a nightmare for some time without a dealer network and stock of parts.

·
Registered
479 Posts
im just sayin, a little 4x4 pickup with a diesel would be awsome and we are like the only country that refuses to embrace more diesel. toyota hilux in central america are awsome too.

i thought ford was putting a diesel in the f150 but it didnt end up happening.

·
Registered
479 Posts
the beauty of a turbo diesel is that the power mods are so efficient, id like to see that f150 with a straight six 3.5 turbo diesel. you get the best of everything, fuel mileage, torque, reliability.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea but americans love their gassers. I never realized how much other countries use diesels until I started watching Top Gear. Apparently in Europe you can get a diesel option for pretty much every vehicle made.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
im just sayin, a little 4x4 pickup with a diesel would be awsome and we are like the only country that refuses to embrace more diesel. toyota hilux in central america are awsome too.

i thought ford was putting a diesel in the f150 but it didnt end up happening.
I can't help but think about a little fat kids face after taking a big gasp of air and holding it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Has anyone seen one of these on the road yet? I saw one earlier today, but had no camera so here's one I found:

Looks like they stole the bed from an early 80's Toyota.

·
Fullsize Member
4,167 Posts
In 2 decades or so, maybe. think you're still not seeing the issue....1 suppier bringing them in, never heard of the company. I mean if they partnered with like ford/chevy/chrysler dealers who would also stock some parts it would be different. trying to maintain these things would be a nightmare for some time without a dealer network and stock of parts.
they are a pretty big farm tractor company already in the united states, and the tractors are built damn well. It would not be hard for them to use their tractor dealer network as a truck dealer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts