Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just giving everyone a heads up, sometime tommorow, probably between 10am and 2pm I will close the forum for approximately 3 hours or so while I upgrade to the new version of the forum software, this is the gamma release, ie. not the final version but pretty stable, there may be some bugs in it, please report them to me if you think its some thing with the software, some things are different and in different places than they are now, so...

**PLEASE take the time to look around and try to familiarize your self with where things are and what the new options are

the forum will probably open up and close a few times as i test things out and try to get the colors back to normal, some of these things will be new to me also so it may take me a few days or a week to get everything tweeked, ie. the button colors to match, the links at the bottom again, etc. so if you dont see something that was there before please give me at least a few days before you email me about them and be assured that i am working on these things, i have never upgraded a forum this large and will take my time and do the neccasary back ups and everything else i need to do insure we dont lose posts, members or important things like losing the database or something, so ...

**PLEASE if the forum is not back up in a few hours, DONT FREAK, spend the time on important things like picking out my Christmas gift or mowing the yard

so in closing i would just like to thank God and all the fans who voted for me, uh, oops, wrong speech, anyway, look forward to a new FSB tommorow, it wont be THAT different but it will have some new things, expanded control panel for your profile, quick reply, login at the top, different menu, a different layout (we may have to take a vote on this one), extended admin and MOD functions and other things i dont even know about yet, alot of people dont like change, I'm one of them, but this will be good, just might take some getting used to

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
thanks for all your work and time you have put into the site joe. it is greatly appreciated, i look forward to seeing all the new features and having an even bigger role in the site by becoming more active! thanks for all your work, it is greatly appreciated

wes

·
Super Moderator
26,059 Posts
Thanks for doing this Joe!

I look forward to the upgrades esp since it takes me 22 mins on avg. to remember where the log-in is.

I will take some Percs tomorrow to help get me thru the downtime.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also the new menu uses java, if you dont have java, iwould be installing it, but it will work if you dont have it from what i understand, like i said, its new to me too

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
yeah thats what i was thinking with one hand it might take a little little while longer than average lol :toothless

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,871 Posts
dsotmoon said:
insure we dont lose posts, members or important things like losing the database or something, so ...
Now you're just taking all the fun out of this :(
Have fun :thumbup

Oh, you might want to make the sign on flash or something, me and many others have auto sign on. So I havn't used my password sence I started FSB :toothless

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Oh great I'm supposed to go mow my lawn now since I can't read FSB!!! Damn it That means I gotta shovel the 2' of snow off my lawn first.. Thanks alot Dsotmoon!!!!!

Man your Just lucky I don't have to work tommarow!!

Can't wait to see how it comes out.. Good job by the way.:beer

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bronco85 said:

Can't wait to see how it comes out.. Good job by the way.:beer
i'm playing around with it on a test forum right now :thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,662 Posts
dsotmoon said:
i'm playing around with it on a test forum right now :thumbup
Lookin' purdy sweet... reminder to all... if you have stuff here and only here (Avatars, Signature scripts, etc.) BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP!!!! ;)

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm going to begin today at about 10 am eastern time

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
1 hr and ticking
now I won't have anything to do at work today. I guess that means i will really have to do work:cry :banghead

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
dsotmoon said:
I am just giving everyone a heads up, sometime tommorow, probably between 10am and 2pm I will close the forum for approximately 3 hours or so while I upgrade to the new version of the forum software, this is the gamma release, ie. not the final version but pretty stable, there may be some bugs in it, please report them to me if you think its some thing with the software, some things are different and in different places than they are now, so...

**PLEASE take the time to look around and try to familiarize your self with where things are and what the new options are

the forum will probably open up and close a few times as i test things out and try to get the colors back to normal, some of these things will be new to me also so it may take me a few days or a week to get everything tweeked, ie. the button colors to match, the links at the bottom again, etc. so if you dont see something that was there before please give me at least a few days before you email me about them and be assured that i am working on these things, i have never upgraded a forum this large and will take my time and do the neccasary back ups and everything else i need to do insure we dont lose posts, members or important things like losing the database or something, so ...

**PLEASE if the forum is not back up in a few hours, DONT FREAK, spend the time on important things like picking out my Christmas gift or mowing the yard

so in closing i would just like to thank God and all the fans who voted for me, uh, oops, wrong speech, anyway, look forward to a new FSB tommorow, it wont be THAT different but it will have some new things, expanded control panel for your profile, quick reply, login at the top, different menu, a different layout (we may have to take a vote on this one), extended admin and MOD functions and other things i dont even know about yet, alot of people dont like change, I'm one of them, but this will be good, just might take some getting used to

Hey Joe some time changes are good but I hope you dont screw up the FOTM for me this time:toothless

Oscar

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
:lolup

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok. i am turning the forum back on around 1:30, i have upgraded with no problems so far, it took 81 steps to upgrade to this version, woo i'm tired, anyway, please let me know of any bugs, i will have to close the forum down 1 more time to impliment the color changes and get the look of FSB back, however, the template systems is different from the old version and i have to do some reading on where i change certain things, so in the mean time check it out, i may close it again this afternoon or tommorow, i'm not sure yet, i'll make an announcement in this thread, i may be able to do it without closing the board so if you notice things changing mid stream, its just me

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
hey joe, is an FAQ still in the plans? just wondering

wes

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Damager said:
can we download additional skins somewhere?
not yet because the gamma version isnt the "final" version and thus the graphics and a few other things are not what will be in the final version, there are two other styles available right now but i am not going to download them and make them available until i figure out all the color setting and such to get the forum to look like the other FSB pages again

1 - 20 of 27 Posts