Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I,ve had my 93 xl several years, but with three kids,bills and a house payment, she was a stock ride.
now im down to 1 child and im ready to sink some money. so I bought a procomp lvling springs.. but my front is looking like this \ /, toke it to co.op to get an allinment. they sent it to another shop. said they couldn't fix it.i pretty much know I need cambers, is this something I can do on my own, im not to bad with wrenches,
but not a expert by any means. just need some direction. or to know what else I need too correct camber...

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Did the shop say you needed new camber bushings? You can buy the adjustable type. If you buy them you can install them vs having a shop do it and save some money.

What was the shops reason for not doing a simple alignment?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they installed one side,but looks to be set at neutral cause it caused no change in the camber, said could,nt get other side out ,called too come get it.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I guess your first step is to find another shop, thats ridiculous they get half way through the job then give up.
Find someone who does trucks/4x4's or change the bushings yourself and take it back. Personally I wouldn't go back there, they sound incompetent and lazy.

What part of TN are you in? Maybe someone here can recommend a shop

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Your mistake was getting leveling springs instead of a small 4 inch lift or just new stock springs.
I've heard of a lot of alignment issues going with leveling springs.
If you get new stock front springs get new rear leaf springs and the entire truck will lift up a little. After 15 years of use the stock ones will loose at least 1 inch of high, depending on use.
If you get a small lift than make sure you get new leaf springs in the rear and that the front kit includes extended radius arms to make life simpler and easier.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I agree with ^^^^.

·
Registered
829 Posts
If a shop can't get through a simple alignment on one of the simplest to align suspension systems ever mass produced then I would certainly not go back to them for anything.

·
Premium Member
23,563 Posts
the front of these broncos are very sensitive to spring heights.

if the coils you put on are too tall for the factory height you get your camber all screwed up.

Most 4 and 6" lifts come with drop brackets for the front to keep the camber set right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yup, I learned the hard way, level springs and level spacers are a no-go.

The adjustable camber bushings just dont have enough degrees to get the camber back into spec. Im in pretty good with my local alignment guy and we tried everything. Put the 4" kit on and BAM! aligned right up!

Your caster AND camber are done with the same bushing, so you give up one to adjust the other.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Your caster AND camber are done with the same bushing, so you give up one to adjust the other.
Unless you get a kit with the additional adjustments on the brackets. Like the tough country lifts. They have adjustments on the extended radius arms and on the drop brackets for the axles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess your first step is to find another shop, thats ridiculous they get half way through the job then give up.
Find someone who does trucks/4x4's or change the bushings yourself and take it back. Personally I wouldn't go back there, they sound incompetent and lazy.

What part of TN are you in? Maybe someone here can recommend a shop
Winchester, just about halfway between chatt, and Nashville.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Unless you get a kit with the additional adjustments on the brackets. Like the tough country lifts. They have adjustments on the extended radius arms and on the drop brackets for the axles.
could you recommend as small lift, love the look,but im a poser, do very little off road with my truck.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
could you recommend as small lift, love the look,but im a poser, do very little off road with my truck.
There are not to many companies that make true 2.5-3 inch lift kits, by true I mean by the use of drop brackets. I know that Rough Country makes one

1 - 13 of 13 Posts