Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my laptop, which has everything I need for work....... I mean EVERYTHING is F'ed up some how. I am running windows XP Home edition, the computer was purchased new, but did not come with any disks, everything was supposed to be self contained.Worked fine at work today, but when I got home and tried to turn it on I got this message on a black screen with large white letters:

We apologize for the inconvience, WIndows did not start successfully. A recent Hardware or software change might have cuased this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose the last known good configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a prevoius startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or becuase the power or reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what cuased the problem, choose start windows normally

(It then gives me these options on the same screen)

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with networking
Safe Mode with Command prompt

Last known good configuration

Start windows normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the higlight to your choice:
Seconds until Windows starts: (and there is a 30 second countdown here)

I have tried highlighting every single one, and nothing works, it acts like windows is loading and I get a blue screen with some white writing for less then a second, so fast I can't read it, and I tried to puase it, but that didnt work. IF I don't shut it off it will do this continuosly. What do I do???

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
78 Posts
wish i could help you on this, but that problem could be a million and one things causing that, anywhere from corrupt registry, bad memory, memory dump.....etc... pm me if u can get any further with it and i might be able to provide a lil more help

·
Only the Bronco
975 Posts
go with last known good configuration

edit, ok never mind, sounds like somthing jarred loose inside, that problem is best left up to a certified computer tech

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,136 Posts
If you know PC's good enough... you may have to start removing hardware.

I had a very similar problem on this Toshiba when the NIC went bad.
Finally removed it (trial and error t-shooting) and it finally booted up.

If you don't know hardware... take it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts