Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so be at least a little nice...hehe ! I have an 88 XLT, 351w, C6, Gibbson Headers, K&N Filter kit, Flowmaster muffler. I recently acquired the beast, it had a dead motor, that has been replaced, I have also had the C6 and the rear end rebuilt putting in an Eaton posi. The truck has been lifted 4" w/33 BFG's. My problem is that I can not get this thing to ideal properly. I have replaced the TPS, EGR and the air something valve that sits on the TBI. The timing has been check and rechecked its not coding but just doesn't not seem to run as good as it should. I have replace both fuel filters, and the fuel pressure regulator. Should I replace the TBI, is there anything I'm missing ? I'm at a loss
:banghead

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
Did you hook it up any when you replaced the motor??? like a big cam or something. I know the speed density sytem dislikes major changes. Are you no codes at all or are you getting the everythings all right code? A little more info and somebody on here will help ya figure it out...Fog

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mods to the motor at all, I will have to ask about the codes....My last conversation was that it all achecked out OK and was no longer coding when I replaced the EGR.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,982 Posts
HMMM, Mines running crappy right now and it's EGR also. Might wanna recheck the codes again and see if it's coding again. Check out (FFI.com he's got some real good info on there about checking them yourself and if you find a problem the site owner comes in here regularly and is always willing to help. I think he's got colum in Bronco driver magazine about EFI stuff.... good luck---Fog

His screen name is Fireguy50 BTW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts