Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...

I have kind of an odd situation...and am not sure if it can be fixed like i am hoping...but here goes. I have an 86 Eddie Bauer. When i bought it, someone had put a 302 and a c6 tranny in it. They also put a carb on it instead of the standard EFI. Here is where my problem comes in. The choke isnt working right because it is lacking a heat riser...simple enough...but the manifold doesnt have the hole for it because of the EFI. Can i drill into the manifold and add the heat riser? I know it is cast and would be very hard to drill...but I am trying to do this as cheaply and easily as possible. Any help in this matter would be greatly apprecated.

Thanks!

Ryan

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
why not convert the carb to electric choke??

much easier!! and it costs like 30 bucks.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,801 Posts
:stupid i agree with 81. electric choke is real nice to. what carb and manifold is on there now?

·
The Anti Yam!
22,681 Posts
I may not know how this works becous ive never had one, but I thaut a heat rizer system worked by pulling air accros the manifold becous they heat up quickly. What would you need a hole in the manifold for?

Maybe im just confused:shrug

But still, go with the electric choke.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does an electric choke work? I am new to a lot of these things so any help would be cool. Is it easy to install?

Thanks!
Ryan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts