Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Holley 4160 with manual choke. I bought a cable for 12.99 and I'm having issues getting the carb to open and close fully. The choke feels a little stiff but I'm sure the cable should move it. I've got 3 bends in the choke cable before it enters the cab would this affect it? I'm feeling like the cable is crap but its all I could find at autozone should I order from summit or does the cable need to be a direct straight shot from the carb to cab? I know it sounds retarded but this is my second cable the first bent and the second doesn't function the carb

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
gentle bends are ok, but if they are tight bends or you kinked the cable that is what is making the cable hard to move.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep

I started to read more on the web and realized I needed to go straight in. I just wanted the choke closer to the driver's side. I was thinking of buying an electric but what the hell the truck is an 82 and it would prob end up failing.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
electric chokes were used for many years with out any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
get the electric conversion choke, so that the manuel choke cable isnt on the passengers side. they are easy to install and adjust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts