Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 EB with automatic 4wd and I want to convert to manual hubs, I am going to the yard this weekend and wanted to know if there are manual hubs off of earlier broncos or maybe F150's that would fit my 93?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone that has the MM auto hubs and the 5 screw hub cover, did u have to buy a conversion kit? According to the MM website and the people at auto zone I need the kit? True?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant the MM manual hubs :/

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Advance system is pretty up to date on that, if they say you need the kit, you will need the kit. I got the Warn standards and was happy with them. Never pleased with the TTB, but happy with the hubs. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Auto to Manual hub conversion

Fordbronco351,

You do not need a conversion kit for the five bolt auto hubs. Just follow Steve83's advice :thumbup and find a set of manual hubs on a 1/2 ton truck. Good luck.

Later,

NineT3

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm, well oddly enought I decided to call Advanced Auto Parts and ask them about their WARN hubs. They too told me that I need a conversion kit even tho I have the 5 screw auto hubs. Im wondering if they are just telling me that because they dont know or what but I have read several posts that with WARN hubs you dont need conversion kit with the 5 screw auto hubs.

·
Registered
248 Posts
they work at advance auto parts there not genius mechanics. if they say you dont need the conversion kit here, go with what the fsb guys are saying and not the parts store monkeys are saying.

·
Registered
199 Posts
fordbronco351 said:
Anyone that has the MM auto hubs and the 5 screw hub cover, did u have to buy a conversion kit? According to the MM website and the people at auto zone I need the kit? True?
You only need a conversion kit if you have a 3 screw cap.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Advance is probably telling you you need the conversion kit becuase some trucks from that year do and some dont, so rather than have a customer out of a part they will go ahead an reccomend it anyway. If you have the 5 screw hubs you dont need it, it is a direct swap.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
If you have 5 screw auto hubs, then you can install 5 screw manual replacements without adapter kit. The Advance system is likely flagging you as having 3 screw hubs, which theres a 90% chance thats what you have.

Go get a visual and report back. :) (WARNING: This requires counting.)

·
Registered
132 Posts
The majority of people who work at Advance Auto, Pep Boys, and Autozone ARE NOT MECHANICS whatsoever. They are minimum wage paid Retail employees who put information into a computer. The only chain parts store that attempts to have ASE Certified employees is NAPA, and even then, they are not always certified.

I used to work at Autozone when I was much younger, and God knows how many people got screwed from "advice" that they pressured me into giving. I didn't even have a license, but people want help no matter what. So they just keep rewording their questions until they get an answer they were looking for, or a nod in that direction.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.