Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just a quick question. I just finished replacing my auto hubs to warn premium manual lock hubs. Question is when you turn them to lock it doesnot click right? Does the tire need to move about a 1/4 or a turn for them to engage? Just making sure install is 100%. 96 bronc thanks

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
Hey guys just a quick question. I just finished replacing my auto hubs to warn premium manual lock hubs. Question is when you turn them to lock it doesnot click right? Does the tire need to move about a 1/4 or a turn for them to engage? Just making sure install is 100%. 96 bronc thanks
Mine dont click. Not sure on if the tire needs to move or not. Mine seem to engage as soon as I shift into 4wd...

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
That's the cool thing with manual, opposed to automatic, Hubs. With a turn they are immediately locked or unlocked. No need to move or backup. And they are much stronger and minimize failing at critical moments.

Mine were very tight to turn when new and they have well loosened up since. No click, just a detent when fully unlocked. Don't forget to operate them on a monthly basis.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts