Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how much it would cost me to convert my pushbutton 4x4 to a manual locking hubs 4x4? also what will i need to do?

·
Lick my
2,091 Posts
Hmm...... I think Ive heard this 9,999 times before. The SEARCH BUTTON works wonders to find out these questions.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
switching from auto to manual hubs will cost you around 50 used and 80 new. switching from electric t case to manual all depends on how cheap you can get a donor tcase for

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
How many times do I have to tell you people?

You CAN NOT swap to manual hubs. Warn, Mile Marker or even SuperWinch do not make manual hubs for a Dana 44. It's not a common axle and nothing will work.

Also there is no way to ever swap this "transfer case thingy" of which you speak. It's welded to the frame and removing it will cause the frame to weaken and bend and will eventually cause the rear axle to implode.

Broncos are nice and all but they leave very little room for modifacation. That is why I have left mine bone stock.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
dogonmut said:
Broncos are nice and all but they leave very little room for modifacation. That is why I have left mine bone stock.
Dang Scott which factory was yours assembled in then??:thumbup

Even if you can have the hubs custom made your still talking about several thousand dollars in installation costs.

Best to just sell it and apply the money to a down payment to a Pontiac Aztec they are the shiznit:rockon

·
Registered
165 Posts
dogonmut said:
Also there is no way to ever swap this "transfer case thingy" of which you speak. It's welded to the frame and removing it will cause the frame to weaken and bend and will eventually cause the rear axle to implode.

Yours was welded? Dang, mine was put on with a couple of those bread tie things. It seems to hold up pretty good though. Maybe I will put some plastic zip ties on it to make sure. I don't want it coming off and imploding my rear when I'm racing through the tar pits :toothless

Solid
:beer

·
Registered
22 Posts
i dont know much ... but ...
the person that owned the truck before me was a mechanic... i have a 93 bronco... push button 4x4... and i think the front end might be a dana 44.. it has large 44 on it... anyway the owner said it used to have auto hubs... but he switched em to manual... he also said he rebuilt the whole front end sooo may be thats why..

ps they are warn hubs

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
jocefuss...the answer is yes, you can do this. but you have to do a little work yourself by using the "search" button at the top of your screen. this topic has been covered literally thousands of times. there are detailed write ups on how to do it with pictures and everything.

seek. and ye shall find.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
jocefuss...the answer is yes, you can do this. but you have to do a little work yourself by using the "search" button at the top of your screen. this topic has been covered literally thousands of times. there are detailed write ups on how to do it with pictures and everything.

seek. and ye shall find.
ya,

true, the stuff earlier was just a joke. search. I had autos long ago, in went manuals, and about 18 months ago swapped to a manual tcase, no biggy if you do your homework.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts