Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i am wanting to swapmy 4 speed out for a c6 in my 79 f150 2wd with a 351w, what will i need for this swap? the truck originally had a auto in it but was replaced at some point so i dont know what i should pull the trans from cuasw the truck was originally a 302 and a 351w wasnt availible in 79 for the f150, so what should i pull it from? how do i tell what if a trans is a c6? will i need to change drive shaft sizes?

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Search. It is discussed almost daily somewhere in this site. The C6 came in just about everything and you can get the 2wd tranny from any small block car or truck. For the driveshaft, you will have to measure. I think it should cross from the manual to the auto.

There should be plenty of info on this in the 80-96 forum as well.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
colinlesser said:
yes it is discussed alot but in reverse auto going to a manual
and you still cant figure it out.

·
0 to hero in 94563.1 sec
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well what kind of trans shoudl i use and what should i get it from , i was gunna get it from a junkyard or buy it, the motor i have is a 351w from a 1979 generic ford car so i dont know if i need a c6, or a c4 or what, or if it matters the engine came from a car, and

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
colinlesser said:
well what kind of trans shoudl i use and what should i get it from , i was gunna get it from a junkyard or buy it, the motor i have is a 351w from a 1979 generic ford car so i dont know if i need a c6, or a c4 or what, or if it matters the engine came from a car, and
collin, 351w from car or truck is the same. is the 302 different from mustangs to broncos? (not counting the cam, which i believe is different) then no, it doesn't matter, C6, same thing, same in the car as in the truck. just find a C6, and bolt the fawker up.

originally posted by 81Bronk36

and you still can't figure it out.
:stupid it'd be the same thing from auto to manual. it's just you gotta switch everything around. it's not that hard.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
colinlesser said:
do i need to change the tork converter too?

if you need to ask that, when swapping to manual to automatic, you should just bring it somewhere and say "put a c6 in it."

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
Considering the manual doesnt have a tork (or Torque for the rest of us) converter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts