Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Custom 351M
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have manual windows. On the drivers side the regulator works fine and the window comes down smooth. When raising it the window told left and gets stuck so I have keep readjusting right until I can get it to close fully. I lubricated everything. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1978 460 c6
178 Posts
Sounds like a track issue have you removed the door panel? Look around for heavy rust or something loose try jiggling the tracks and linkage

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Custom 351M
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a track issue have you removed the door panel? Look around for heavy rust or something loose try jiggling the tracks and linkage
I have the panel off. That’s how I was able to lubricate everything with silicon spray. I drilled out the loose rivets and put in locking washers on 1/4 nuts bolts to tighten the regulator mounting. I’ll try jiggling the tracks and maybe tightening the screw that holds the regulator roller to the window lift channel.

·
Super Moderator
29,039 Posts
Yo J,
Member Indybronco wrote;
"This is what the window regulator looks like when attached to the window. Note the roller at the end of the arm. If your windows (either door or tailgate)roll up slowly try greasing these with white lithium grease. Use it all along the entire rail and don't be stingy with it.

This is the other window guide rail. This shot is taken from the bottom of the door (through one of the rust holes) looking up. This is the other rail that the window slides up and down in."

For now states In 1996 Bronco Workshop Manual;
"The door window regulators should be properly lubricated to provide ease of operation. The window glass mechanism should be lubricated whenever the glass channel or window regulator is removed, or excessive effort is required to operate the windows. To lubricate a door window mechanism, apply an even coating of Multi-Purpose Grease D7AZ-19584-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESR-M1C159-A and ESB-M1C106-B to the window regulator rollers, shafts and the entire length of the roller guides as illustrated by the shaded areas.

"

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Custom 351M
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all for the input!! Turns out I was missing the rubber division bar glass run on side of the window closest to the A pillar. So since there was the rubber on the B pillar side it was not going up even. Sorry, meant mistake! Turns out both windows have the same issue so I ordered the rubber run for both.hopefully I will be able to install them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts