Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My manual windows have never been very smooth. A couple days ago the driver's side was binding up pretty bad, had to play with the window to get it up. I pulled the panel off, and found if I lifted up on the arm it operated smoothly. I pulled the regulator out today and it operated fine, but the roller was sticky so I thought that might be the problem. I cleaned everything up, lubed it with white grease and reinstalled it. It was a little better, but would still bind up, so I guess the gear must be worn, causing the binding.

@RockAuto lists a few manual regulators: WAI GLOBA, ACI, CARDONE, and MOTORCRAFT (high $$). LMC and A1 AUTO have them, but don't know the brand.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement? I would really like to avoid Chinese junk if possible.

TIA

·
Registered
'92 Custom w/ '95 MAF 5.0 M/T, 33's, 4.10 LSD
2,975 Posts
Following. My driver's window binds at the bottom every now and then, like something is blocking its path the last 4-6". Then it clears up and is fine for months. I've peered in there a few times and haven't spotted the issue, but maybe like yours, the regulator itself has something going on?

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In looking through eBay, I found a NOS regulator for a decent price so I bought it.

I'm still interested in feedback on replacements though as I still need one for the passenger side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts