Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son has a 96 bronco with auto hubs and they do not work, he got stuck in the mud, I want to put manuels lock out on it. I called 4wheel drive parts and they said they have the warn but I also need somthing called a spindle nut conversion kit, the oriellys that I called had the lock outs but never heard of the conv. kit do I really need the conv. kit or are they just trying to get more money out of me. thanks you can message me thanks again.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

If you had stock 3-bolt auto hubs, you'll need the conversion kit.

·
Registered
11,108 Posts

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I don't know, but them nut(kits) are overpriced!

When I was helping my stepdad with his 83(maybe 86, don't remember), I buggered up one of the washers :brownbag (Manual locking hubs mind you) that sandwich in between the two nuts on the hub, and it was 60 some buxs at the autoparts store, and the only reason I had to buy it was cuz I needed 1 washer!!! That was one expensive washer and a hard lesson learned!

KC

·
Administrator
22,843 Posts
you can grab the necessary parts off any manual hubbed bronco in the junkyard...I have several sets just cause they are easy to pull and hide in the bottom of your toolbox....you will need a spindle nut socket which you can buy at any auto parts store.

·
Registered
648 Posts
When I bought my hubs at 4wheelparts they sold me the conversion kits for $8. it was just 2 nuts and a washer per side. Same as the $50-60 warn/milemarker kits.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
When I bought my hubs at 4wheelparts they sold me the conversion kits for $8. it was just 2 nuts and a washer per side. Same as the $50-60 warn/milemarker kits.
:shocked I think I may have been took at this point...Do you think that that conversion kit would have worked for stock nuts/washers?...if so....:banghead:cry

KC

·
Registered
648 Posts
:shocked I think I may have been took at this point...Do you think that that conversion kit would have worked for stock nuts/washers?...if so....:banghead:cry

KC
Yeah I do. They were just the parts in a plastic bag. You can also get the same 2 nuts and a washer from JBG for $10.

4wheelparts website lists the conversion kit for 50-60 in a nifty box, but the guy behind the counter got me the parts in the bag from the back when I told him I was converting my hubs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i did a dana 60, same blah, blah, blah story. the wheel bearing nut is what you are replacing as the "conversion kit". the ones for the auto hubs will work, but the other style is better designed, but if you want the best go with the "stage 8" kit and they will never even think about backing off. i run 44" michelin xl's on my bronco

1 - 13 of 13 Posts