Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any help is appreciated
Drive shaft broke...gonna have to buy a new one,

Truck wont idle in gear, where is the fuel filter on the carbed trucks, is it just an inline somewhere

The long tubes on the truck rub the front driveshaft, they are headman headers, what do i do to fix this, pretty sure this isnt suppose to happen

it wont go into low, or come out of nuetral into high with the truck on, has to be off, but itll go into high from 2 wheel no problem

otherwise im in love with the truck, minus the fact it has absolutley no brakes

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, about the brakes, if i have a 6 inch lift and the po decided to run the stock rubber lines and i am now replacing them for safteys sake,
what length braided line should suffice for the front...and the rear

thanks

·
my bko ate my money
2,319 Posts
well lets see

the fuel filter should be in the carb where the line threads in or inline along the frame somewhere

the hedder prob is b/c you have long tubes instead of shortys, most run bassani, bbk, and theres another popular one out there

your transfer case prob is internal and can easily be fixed, crack er open and see whats messed up, theres a neat little write up in the write up forum on how to refresh a t-case

you can call any lift company that makes a lift for our truck and tell them you need front brake lines for the 6" lift kit, i couldnt tell ya what exact length but maybe someone will chime in

is this the 93 or and older one? b/c 93`s have EFI and your idle prob would be the IAC, if its an older one then your carb might need a rebuild, carbs are cheap and easy to rebuild

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the ex got the 93, this is the 86,

thanks for the help

so, long tubes are just a no go???
figures

so ill have to buy some shorties then make up some down pipes to connect the mids to the shorties, should be fun

ill try and find a lift company thatll tell me that, thanks

and its the drive shaft, not the t-case thats broken

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, sorry im exhausted...

yea, are there synchros in the transfer case?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks, is there anbyone running long tubes and it works

its a dual exhaust sytem, the drivers side header comes down and crosses over, it has seperate cats for each pipe and then crosses over after the transmission again...
i havent seen the truck in a bit but im told this is how all duals are set up on bronco's,

HOW DO I FIX THE RUB! without going to shorties or manifolds

·
Registered
731 Posts
any help is appreciated
Drive shaft broke...gonna have to buy a new one, I would try to find out why it broke.

Truck wont idle in gear, where is the fuel filter on the carbed trucks, is it just an inline somewhere. What is the idle, when not in gear? The idle is going to drop when you put it in gear, if the idle is to low out of gear, then it will die when you put it in gear. It could also be a vacuum leak or the idle compensator on the side of the carb, though that is for when the air conditioner compressor kicks on (do you have the air on?). You may need to start out resetting your curb idle, mixture and timing after checking for vacuum leaks, just spry some carb cleaner aroung the base of the carb and around the shafts and then around all the vacuum lines, if there is a vacuum leak, the motor will rev up. If that doesn't help you will want to rebuild or buy a new carb.

The long tubes on the truck rub the front driveshaft, they are headman headers, what do i do to fix this, pretty sure this isnt suppose to happen. I ran hedman long tubes on my 84 4x4 PU and had no clearance problems, you may be able to heat up the primaries and bend it out of the way, some pics may help with this so I can see the interference.

it wont go into low, or come out of nuetral into high with the truck on, has to be off, but itll go into high from 2 wheel no problem The truck needs to be in neutral to go into 4LO, if not that, you will need to rebuild it, it is pretty easy and I do not believe the kit is very expensive.

otherwise im in love with the truck, minus the fact it has absolutley no brakes Just tell them you need stainless steel brake lines for a 6" lift on a Bronco. If I think about it, I will measure mine this weekend.JBG Stainless Steel Extended Braided Rear Axle Hose JBG's are 23" long.
That should give you a start.

If you will go to the '78-'79 section there are plenty of carb tuning threads.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks, the idle is 850-900 out of gear, 500 in gear when it is idling usually

1 - 11 of 11 Posts