Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend and I went off roading in some fields near the Connecticut River. The mud was real slick and my tires were bald, bad idea. My friend's jeep's tires slicked up and got stuck with the rear axle in the mud. So I went to pull this little Jeep out. Our wimpy tow cable (15 feet) forced me to drive my Bronco right up behind the Wrangler. This caused my bald tires to slick up with mud, we tried to get mine out, but the tires were worthless. So the Bronco sunk up to the frame in mud...running boards touching the mud....drive shaft in the slick river mud. Sounds bad? Just getting started. So we tried to think of people to come pull us out. We got my friend, John. He had a Silverado with. So we hooked it up to the Bronco, spun the BFGoodrich A/T's, and got it stuck... We were screwed, but just than my friends dad arrived with a RamCharger with BFGoodrich A/Ts on it. My friends Dad brought a HUGE tow rope (50 feet) and some other junk. He pulled out the Silverado after some mud-slinging. So we drove the RamCharger for a go at my Bronco. Once its all hooked up we gave it a go, and blew a transmision line, rendering the tranny useless. So the Silverado Pulled out the RamCharger and we towed the Ram home with the 50 foot tow rope. All the way to the next town. Ok, now things were looking grim. Total of 4 trucks stuck/busted, because of this Wrangler. So we tried to get ahold of my friends Cousin who has a newer f250 super duty, Diesel, with Pro-Comp Mud Terrain and >100 ft of tow strap to come 45 minutes to pull us out. So they came and yanked us both out, finally.

·
Registered
202 Posts
This past spring we went on a trail ride with 5-6 trucks.Everything was going good until all of the sudden all but one truck got stuck all at the exact same time!!!! I made it the furthest in my then-stock `88 Ranger on street tires,I was still able to move back and forth some,but was stuck in some huge ruts I couldn`t get out of.My buddy in his `79 Toyota on 33`s was behind me stuck sideways in the same ruts,another guy was about 40ft to my left stuck up to his bumpers in mud,another guy was stuck about 60ft behind him in a Wrangler with bald 31`s up to the diffs in mud,and the other guy got his Diesel K5 military Blazer on 33`s stuck in a hole that looked alot smaller than it really was.The last guy in his C1500 ext-cab long bed just couldn`t go any further,so he was saved from our fates.We all had to wait our turns to get rescued,it was fun though. And somehow later on in the same day we got to another part of the trail that resembled a small lake that my buddy in his `86 Bronco got stuck in all night 2yrs prior.The Blazer guy barely made it across to the other side,we all just sat there looking at eachother trying to decide who`s next,I said screw it and went for it.I somehow made it through on street-tread P235`s without getting stuck,its still a mystery why.So my buddy in the Toyota went for it,and almost got stuck,the Cherokke went around,and the C1500 tried to follow the Cherokee but sunk his whole front end and hydrolocked the motor.I tried to go through another really deep hole and got stck real good,but somehow made it out under my own power without breaking anything,good times,can`t wait till this spring for round 2. So yeah,getting several trucks stuck at once reallllly SUCKS!!!!

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,443 Posts
You guys and your mud, No wonder your east coast rigs are so rusty. J/k with ya, sounds like you and all your friends need to make a trip to the tire shop for some boggers, or at the very least some nice mud terrains!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually since than, I got Dunlop Mud Rovers and am looking to buy a VERY long tow strap but I dont wanna pay more than 40 bucks for it, which is hard as you all know...

I wish the east wasnt all mud ha, I would love to do some more trail and rock 4 wheeling. But suprisingly my truck has no rust :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
Make sure you get a recovery strap not a tow strap.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You do not mess with the CT river. That is your problem. That stuff is quick sand/mud.

What town were you guys in?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glastonbury, yeah i know, we were about 200 feet from the river in an area that is flooded often.

·
Registered
145 Posts
wait, i heard there was a bronco, and jeep and maybe 1 or 2 other trucks out in the meadows stuck. were you the guys?My buddy that got stuck out there said there was a bronco stuck too. There was one truck who tried pulling the jeep out but blew the tranny. Maybe the silverado your ttalking about is my friend "John Macdonald" and he drives an 01 blue silverado with loud ass dual magnaflows and 33 pro comp all terrains. Do you so happen to drive a white bronco?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow what a small world... Yes it was John McDonald. My Bronco is red and white. Thats us... Do you live in manchester?

·
Registered
145 Posts
yea, where you live. I have the primer bronco if you have seen it. Primer with my name and number on it. Alger, 388 I don't recall ever seeing your bronco? Want to wrench sometime? I gotta figure out why 4wd isn't working and shit and then we can wheel soon. I scored some free 33 thornbirds on rims for pulling some guys out at bogners. If you have ever been the the MHS lot, you have seen my beast.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts