Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive searched everywhere execpt the haynes book but im not a real big engine guy i was wondering if someone could post a picture of the map sensor location.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Firewall. Passenger side. About the size of a deck of cards & laying flat. Wiring harness and 1 vacuum hose hooked into the front of it.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
:stupid Near the wiper motor.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I believe that is it circled in blue.

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Thats it...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Didnt want to make another thread of this so just gonna post here. I got a 95 5.0 and cant find my map sensor. Wanna replace my vacuum lines and need to know where all the lines are to pull. When looking at my vacuum diagram under the hood it looks like my map senor is supposed to be like it is in the pic jem posted.

Here is what it looks under my hood

But looking at the vacuum line that I suspect is suppose to go to the map it goes to the wires that are leading into the passenger side firewall. pic below.

is this right? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

For referance here is what my vac diagram looks like.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,473 Posts
Didnt want to make another thread of this so just gonna post here. I got a 95 5.0 and cant find my map sensor. Wanna replace my vacuum lines and need to know where all the lines are to pull. When looking at my vacuum diagram under the hood it looks like my map senor is supposed to be like it is in the pic jem posted.
Because you have MAF, you do not have a MAP sensor. You have what's called a DPFE sensor located near the front intake ports.

Disregard that it says 5.8, that is what it looks like

·
Registered
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
1,735 Posts
Because you have MAF, you do not have a MAP sensor. You have what's called a DPFE sensor located near the front intake ports.
Normally I would agree with you Sackman, but the photo j.gracia89 posted clearly shows an EVP sensor on top of the EGR valve, not a DPFE sensor.

If the OPs' truck is MAF then there is no MAP sensor. There were a few 1995 5.8L F-series/Bronco's running around with OBD-I MAF.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
For referance here is what my vac diagram looks like.
Hmmm - gracia89 says the truck is a '95, but it looks like the vac diagram is for a '92 (look on the left side). Any chance the engine was changed (or the diagram?)

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,473 Posts
Normally I would agree with you Sackman, but the photo j.gracia89 posted clearly shows an EVP sensor on top of the EGR valve, not a DPFE sensor.

I suspect the truck is not from the US. No clue where the MAP sensor may be hidden.
Hmmm.....I didn't see that.

Hmmm - gracia89 says the truck is a '95, but it looks like the vac diagram is for a '92 (look on the left side). Any chance the engine was changed (or the diagram?)
And that there is a good catch too.....

Something is just not right with this :scratchhe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nope its a 95 just checked my title just to be sure lol. don't think the engine has ever been replaced by the previous owner but its more likely that the hood might have been swapped with a 92 hood. Also just noticed that the evr tab and tad sensors are connected with the same black vac line that goes to the vac reservoir and not like the diagram on my hood which shows only the tab and tad connected to black vac line and a red line to the evr.

Ok just did some searching and this is exactly what my lines look like

Also on this diagram is no MAP. So I guess that solves my problem of not being able to locate my map sensor to hook up a vac line to. Diagram is for a 95 ford 5.0 http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WCSL50/~MUS~LEN/CSL5003.htm
Can anyone confirm this.

So your guess is just as good as mine Mikey either hood or diagram sticker was replaced

·
Banned
11,470 Posts
Why did you screenshot, crop, & re-upload a pic of a Ford diagram? Why not just post the linked thumbnail from SMN? You only had to click the text field beside "THUMB", copy it, and paste it into your post here to produce this:

But that doesn't show us as much as your previous actual pic of your VECI:

You just need to step back & take some wider shots. Read this:
http://www.supermotors.net/forums/thid-5972-how-do-i-post-pictures-sounds-and-or-videos

·
Registered
143 Posts
I just got today a new T.P.S sensor and a new map sensor I have the same set up as Sackman Im taking my map sensor back but Im not able to find the DPFE sensor in my Haynes book is is under my hood I want to replace it. But not able to look it up at auto zone. Do they ever fail? If they do fail what dose it do to the truck. I'm still having a few problems with my 1996 bronco with the 351. I will up date that post later tonight with what I have done and how it has worked out

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
The DPFE is grey, has two hoses connected to it, and is in the middle of the engine about behind the distributor. If/When you change it, look at the hoses connected to it, they are a special silicon hose, as they connect to the exhaust manifold. If you're getting codes related to the DPFE, check the hoses first. (take them off and look at both ends). P0401 codes are common if the DPFE is bad, bite the bullet and buy one if it isn't the hoses. If it is the hoses, get the right hose material, regular vacuum hose won't last long.

·
Banned
11,470 Posts
I just got today a new T.P.S sensor and a new map sensor... But not able to look it up at auto zone.
If those new parts came from the zone, put them back and buy decent parts from a decent supplier.

And if you didn't test them before you replaced them, then the originals are probably still working. Never replace a part unless it fails a published test, and never install a replacement unless it passes the same test.

Don't just pick parts from other people's threads & start changing them on your truck - no matter how similar you think your symptoms are to his, your truck isn't his, and you need to do your OWN diagnosis first.

If you want to find a specific part on your truck, go to the Name This Part thread at the top of this forum, and spend some time reading it.
...they connect to the exhaust manifold.
No, they don't. They connect to nipples on the EGR tube.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Sorry, Steve83, you're right, it's been a while since I changed my DPFE. If you pull the hoses off the DPFE, you will feel exhaust pulses, so the hose warning still applies.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts