Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Who is your choice for F.O.T.M. March 2020!!!

• The1096Raider

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • biggum

Votes: 24 58.5%
  • UNTAMED PONY

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Madman

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • dash_cam

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 160 of 189 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
after a couple years my motor mounts presented themselves as worthless. so i ordered up some westar mounts to try a new brand.

when they came, i was surprised to see they didn't match completely.

this was before i resealed my engine, so the old mounts are pretty filthy. and they were toasted.

just because they're a different brand than usual, but they still had the same problems as the other brands.
i circled the part where i had to cut off with a cut-off wheel. that was only for the driver side. that part was hitting where the oil filter mounts to the engine block. the passenger side went in without modification.

cut off a little extra length on the stud

after all that, installing the new mounts was a piece of cake.
1) put the mounts with the studs in the frame, but not bolted to anything.
2) lower the engine a fair bit so i could bolt the mounts to the block
3) completely tighten all bolts to the block
4) lower the engine the rest of the way
5) bolt the mounts to the frame
6) reinstall transmission nuts
7) reinstall oil filter
8) reconnect heater hose to throttle plate
9) grab a brewski

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
more pics of using my bronco....

the other day i picked up some supplies to do some repairs on my fence

doing a little solo camping at a local state park

some camping over thanksgiving a couple years ago, as well

and loaded up with supplies to extend my patio

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,309 Posts
One of the hardest parts about the back was getting the bolts in the perches. The gas tank bolts are all frozen so rather than drop the tank, I used some wire to fish the bolts in through the small hole in the back of the frame. Passenger side was pretty easy, driver side was a real PITA since the wiring bundles run through there. But after a lot of cussing and smashing other things in the garage I convinced the bolts I was in charge.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,309 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
These radius arm bolts did not come out without a serious fight. Heat, PB Blaster, Laying on my back with feet against the frame and a three foot pipe I managed to turn them all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I had read about these bushings being difficult but I got lucky and they popped right out with the air hammer. Getting the new ones in was a different story but I managed to press them in with a ball joint press.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
And time for some 35’s. I settled on a set of Maxxis RAZR MT 35x12.5r15’s. They measure a full 35x12.5 and made the 33x12.5 ATs look tiny.

Attachments

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
OK, Boys and Girls we have less then a week for this Contest to come to an end so if you haven't yet, PLEASE Vote now !

With all that is happening in the World today, these two Members have found the time to bring us what we like to see and what a SHOW they have put on for US !

Thanks to all,
Allcrusien

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
i've wanted a soft top since i bought the bronco. i knew about the rampage but really wanted the softtopper. i held out for a while and stumbled across one on craigslist up in oklahoma. he must not have gotten any bites at first because he lowered the price and i finally jumped on it. turned out this came with his bronco that he bought a couple years prior, but he wanted to keep it bone stock. so, he never used the thing. and on top of that, didn't realize there were two brands. he searched soft top and found rampage, so he priced it accordingly for a rampage top. and credit to him - he realized after we agreed to meet so he honored the original price instead of raising it on me.

a short four hour family trip up north on a friday night, and i had a soft topper. again, the fusion hauling parts for the bronco

and installed. according to my build thread, it's been about 11 months and i haven't taken it off since.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
geez - it's been 3 1/2 years since i got new tires and wheels.

this one time, we went camping with the top off. i knew there was a chance for rain on the drive out but didn't think it'd actually rain. plus, if it did, it would only be for part of the drive out and then clear up. and i didn't tell my wife b/c she'd want to put on the top with any chance of rain. so i grabbed the tarp just in case. and...tuns out we needed it. haha...

i have a lot of pics of me pulling trailers, i don't think i've posted this one. i keep u-haul in business, $20 at a time.

taking my daughter to college...

and for my son's birthday three years ago, we asked him what he wanted to do and he said go camping. so we invited some of my good friends and we did some trout fishing.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Just arrived today - I’ve disinfected and taken some photos.

This is a micro size CB from Radioddity. It will actually fit in the little dash cubby next to the wheel in the 86 dash. For $56 I figured it was worth a try. It has auto squelch and RF gain control.

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
i didn't have to have my bronco for very long before i realized it leaked in the cab. it did take a little time to figure out from where, though. the previous owner kept the top off and would wheel regularly. so, the bronco was pretty twisted and leaky.

i identified the drip rails as a contributing factor. you can see the water penetration from inside the cab.

and the other side, too

·
Premium Member
3,833 Posts
141 - 160 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.