Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was trying to do mine this weekend. My Haynes Manuel says its one unit. To unscrew the top and bottom and pull it out through the grill area.

Well that doesn't work from what I can see. There is a screw on each side with a small gap between it and the fender.

I can't get my hands in there to twist and pull it out ether.

I started to search and came across your post there. I'm going to keep search but wanted to post here when I saw it.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Depending on which side it is on, it helps to remove the battery tray/ windshield washer fluid resevoir.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
This doesn't work on the '92. They must be different. I removed the washer fluid bottle and is stuck from there. Don't see anything that can be unscrewed/moved, etc.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally figured it out. Mine was out on the driver's side. I took out the windshield washer fluid bottle and took the headlight bulb out and if you look on both sides you'll see a hole on each side of the headlight hole. If you stick your finger in each hole you should feel where the socket goes. It's 11mm also. I feel so stupid now because it took about a week to find out how to do it and only took me about 10 minutes to change.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I finally figured it out. Mine was out on the driver's side. I took out the windshield washer fluid bottle and took the headlight bulb out and if you look on both sides you'll see a hole on each side of the headlight hole. If you stick your finger in each hole you should feel where the socket goes. It's 11mm also. I feel so stupid now because it took about a week to find out how to do it and only took me about 10 minutes to change.
It's how everyone learns new skills! Glad you got it figured out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts