Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing quite a bit of research but most I come across is converting a 5.0 SD to mass air not a 5.8W SD to mass air.Im unclear if a 5.0 mustang mass air computer like the A9L will work with the 5.8. Due to the firing order being different.Im not ready to install a H.O. roller cam yet which would give it the proper order. http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=92 I was reading this and it says not to move inj. plugs around.Please any help would be highly appreciated.Which computer would you recommend for 5.8 with C-6 trans.Did some more checking it appears the 5.8 has the same firing order as a 1989-1990 5.0 gt mustang.My motor is a 97 f250 roller motor.Could someone confirm that for me that knows more about ford engines.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for clarifying this for me.Feel kinda stupid about asking that ? I guess I was just on overload trying to process all the different info intailed in doing the MA conversion.Had it stuck in my head that the firing orders were different for some reason.

·
Premium Member
1,745 Posts
All 5.8W motors have the H.O. firing order which is 13726548. Even the 5.8W from 1969 has this firing order. A9l computer is HO firing order. An A9L would work with a C6 due to non electronic controls.
I know the question has been answered, but technically the 5.0HO has the Windsor firing order. When the 5.0 HO debutted in 82 Ford had stuffed a 351 cam in the car. Hence the HO firing order. Well and a legend being reborn. I wonder where the car industry would be if Ford had mothballed or front wheel driven the Mustang name?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts