Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1989 bronco 5.0 was wondering about this conversion. i searched and found out alot about this but would like to actualy talk to some body that did this and if they have any pic that would be great

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am rebuilding a 5.0 and wanted have more power and do some mods to the engine like a cam and some injector and a intake. i understand that this won't work with speed denisty

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
bfox22 said:
i am rebuilding a 5.0 and wanted have more power and do some mods to the engine like a cam and some injector and a intake. i understand that this won't work with speed denisty
1. Heads, intake, exhaust are all ok with speed density.

2. They do make S.D. freindly cams.

3. The conversion you are talking about, is it the Ford Racing conversion Kit?.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the conversion is a home brewed thing with a mustang computer a mass air off a mustang and some new injectors and either a painless wiring harness or one off a mustang I don't need the wires for lighting and such sp think more about the painless. I see both of are you still have egr on still using the smog pump and such i take it

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Haha, I'd still love an answer to my question, but I dont think anyone's got it :scratchhe

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
I used an 89-93 Mustang harness and rewired it to fit my 86 Bronco. I am using an A9-P computer.

I am using the EGR but not the smog pump.

What is your question?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
Bronco4Life said:
Haha, I'd still love an answer to my question, but I dont think anyone's got it :scratchhe
What question?

You can do quite a bit to an engine and still keep the SD. Look at my build, I'm still SD.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
But either way, do you see my point that when 1 cylinder is on its intake stroke, that injector fires, as does 3 other injectors. So that cylinder gets its mix, and the fuel that was sprayed into the other 3 cylinders just sits there. right? Now its onto the intake stroke of another piston. Repeat. Again, I know the cylinders can't steal from each other, but it just seems like if every cylinder only got a fuel shot when it needed it, a whole lot less gas would be wasted.

With MAF, one complete cycle of every cylinder means that 8 shots of fuel were fired.

With SD, you have 32 shots of fuel being fired. Only 8 of them being used for one complete cycle. So with the extra gas that sits in there, it obviously gets burned because it can't just fill up the intake manifold, so what does that do to the fuel mix if the computer is accounting for extra fuel in there, because wouldnt the hego see a rich mix? At WOT maybe it wouldn't make a whole lot of difference if the engine is spinning fast... but at cruise (1900rpm)?
Posted in another thread.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

i just wanted thank everybody this helped out alot one other thing i was wondering about is the shackle reversal. are you just taking the rear one and facing down our moving the shackle to the front and making the back the pivot just let me know

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
RLKBOB said:
Here's mine when it was almost ready to start up. I guess I need to get an updated pic on here.

Where'd you get those hoses?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
From work. Ford. wait, Visteon, wait it's ACH now (automotive components holdings) I can't keep up. At least in 2 years either I should transfer back to a Ford plant or there's a slim chance my plant will become a Ford plant again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts