Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I will be able to get a 1996 bronco with a 4 inch lift and 35's without exceeding the height limit. Does anyone have this same set up in mass or one similar?

·
Registered
604 Posts
It is not supposed to matter, but the place you go and who is doing it is going to change things.

4" and 35's is over the limit. 4" and 33's is right at the limit for a ticket, but over the limit for an inspection. The police are not supposed to ticket you unless you are 1" or more over the limit. This eliminates (or reduces) the opportunity for abuse.

I had Deaver 5.5 leafs and 33's and the guy that did mine last year (Marlboro) said he'd have to fail me for lack of lift and tires. LOL In and out in 5 minutes. It was nice. You'll probably be ok, but it will depend on the place you go.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got pulled over and told never to drive through brockton again. Although I'm a little higher than you would be with a SAS ~8'' of lift on 38's. My buddy has an 97 f250 with 4''s and 35's and has never had a problem.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
The forumal is the wheel base times the wheel track divided by 2200. That give you the maximum suspension/body lift and tire diameter increase. You can do all tire or suspenion as long as it is equal to the same total.

I never had issues with a 6" lift on 35s with my truck and no exhaust and my gf has never had a problem with a 6" lift on 36s with her Bronco.

You should be fine. I got stopped in Boston and the cop never mentioned anything about the height. There are much bigger trucks driving around on the street with 44s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts